Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yet another in my all too frequent series of, 'walk away slowly' posts:-

[tweet]1256223127937392640[/tweet]

I watched your mate John Oliver's response to that this morning. Along the lines of AJ not considering selling the eight grand watch he's wearing or growing his own food instead of cannibalism.

He also pointed out that Jones has a son – what's he supposed to eat???

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So has Byrone Tiggins flounced from this thread? Thrown his toys out and is never coming back because we wouldn't bow to his superior knowledge?

Shame :jester:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I watched your mate John Oliver's response to that this morning. Along the lines of AJ not considering selling the eight grand watch he's wearing or growing his own food instead of cannibalism.

Yeah I watched that at lunchtime.

Since posting the original tweet I had it in the back of my mind it was a quote from a long time ago being faked for today's news.

But that now ties into Jon Ronson talking about conspiracy theorists, esp Jones, and how they bend the news to suit they're agenda.

I'll be prepared to bet the best part of 4p on the fact he's said that before, but in a completely different situation/context.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

If Jones turned up at mine threatening to kill and eat me, I'd fancy my chances at beating the fat little shit to death with a brick before he got through the door. While saying "how's this for fake news you ****?!". :lolol:

I'd not eat him though. I bet he'd taste disgusting.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Jones turned up at mine threatening to kill and eat me, I'd fancy my chances at beating the fat little shit to death with a brick before he got through the door. While saying "how's this for fake news you ****?!". :lolol:

I'd not eat him though. I bet he'd taste disgusting.
I like to think that if his neighbour just shot him dead now, they'd get off on self-defence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
USA Deaths/1m Pop: 167

Luxemburg Deaths/1m Pop: 141

UK Deaths/1m Pop: 305

Spain Deaths/1m Pop: 496

Italy Deaths/1m Pop: 441

World Deaths/1m Pop: 26

Trump may be a **** but he's getting the math right. :shrug:

Now up to 210 Deaths/1m Pop, that's quite a jump in 1 week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Yeah, my twitter feed is full of non social distancing Americans.
(I've been thinking the traffic up and down my road is steadily increasing)

We don't know what going to happen in the future, the point is a week ago Neil was attempting to prove America/Trump was getting the maths right.

A 25% increase in those numbers, from the same source in one week, might suggest the confidence in that flawed metric was a little early.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In hindsight, what a gaff at the time by Alt-Right Team Trump to give us those daily White House press conferences. The world spent two months laughing at the fidgeting, thick, bullshitter. [Other than Rednecks and a tiny piece of Australia]. Dimwit put his combative, immature ego at the fore, with no self awareness or pride.

I hope they return in that format.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
Sadly we are 423/1m Pop, that is just shite! :ffsparr:
At the same time though, comparing countries purely on the basis of population doesn’t tell the full story either. Because of how it is spread from person to person, population density is a massive factor. That’s why many European countries and large American cities have fared so poorly, but countries like Australia and New Zealand and the more regional parts of America have done comparatively better.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...e3JWCGSe486AH4og7DQ0heDCwFunKgi9XOwYvGU0LFoTQ

I'm concerned. Talk as much shit about Trump as you want, I know you don't want us talking about any other politician in this thread but one of those moving to 'phase 1' is my state of North Carolina. A bleed blue Democrat is opening the state to phase 1, other states are doing even stupider things. I imagine Cooper has been paid a shit ton of money behind closed doors to move to this phase despite our trend in cases INCREASING. America is so ****ed, they're doubling down on the totally broken system. I can WFH, thankfully and I have left the house once per week for food shops, but others are just living it up, its disgusting. The politicians almost entirely across the board are picking $$$ over lives, I am just thankful all my family are in England, and not here.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...e3JWCGSe486AH4og7DQ0heDCwFunKgi9XOwYvGU0LFoTQ

I'm concerned. Talk as much shit about Trump as you want, I know you don't want us talking about any other politician in this thread but one of those moving to 'phase 1' is my state of North Carolina. A bleed blue Democrat is opening the state to phase 1, other states are doing even stupider things. I imagine Cooper has been paid a shit ton of money behind closed doors to move to this phase despite our trend in cases INCREASING. America is so ****ed, they're doubling down on the totally broken system. I can WFH, thankfully and I have left the house once per week for food shops, but others are just living it up, its disgusting. The politicians almost entirely across the board are picking $$$ over lives, I am just thankful all my family are in England, and not here.

Good luck.

Out of interest what does the general populace of North Carolina think about reopening? Is this something driven at the corporate level or is it supported on a grassroots level too.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Time for us all to eat some humble pie.

While we've been busy despairing at Trump, the guy's actually done it.

Just like Jacinda Ardern and NZ, Covid-19 is now gone from the USA. Completely. People have stopped dying. Infection numbers are practically zero. It's all over, and the world can certainly learn from the US in how comprehensively they managed this.

I mean, why else would Trump be starting to wind down the Covid-19 task force, unless it was "job done"?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Time for us all to eat some humble pie.

While we've been busy despairing at Trump, the guy's actually done it.

Just like Jacinda Ardern and NZ, Covid-19 is now gone from the USA. Completely. People have stopped dying. Infection numbers are practically zero. It's all over, and the world can certainly learn from the US in how comprehensively they managed this.

I mean, why else would Trump be starting to wind down the Covid-19 task force, unless it was "job done"?

Yup, he shot the virus with an AR15. Simple.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

I suppose Roy Cooper feels he needs to appease Republicans when his winning margin is a recounted 0.02%. He is not following his original stick to the stats line but is also not opening hair dressers, restaurants or gyms.
Schools will remain closed.
A partial initial opening with lives at stake. End of limited Federal financial support for workers, unlike in UK, maybe puts pressure on opening businesses?

https://www.newsobserver.com/opinion/editorials/article242513036.html

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

At the time restrictions started the one of one of my podcast hosts son was with his in-laws in North Carolina, away from DC.

The feeling then was very much I'm/he's alright in NC because he has space to move around.

Corona is a city centre virus!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here