Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The states have clearly shown in the last few years they don't care for partisanship. I mean if we're honest the country has a whole history of state v state issues.

When it was announced that a travel ban on China could come into action there were still politicians looking to score political points which is a perfect example of the climate that has been created.

You have to remember that when this outbreak was surfacing the Democrats were more concerned with impeachment papers than people's welfare.

You're right unity is needed, but it almost seems like some people in the US want the US to burn to the ground just so they can blame Trump.

That really is in its infancy ....Some of the republicans have blamed this as the reason for Trump not calling it right as he was distracted....but then all along he has said his response was ten out of ten...cant have it both ways now can he.

I’m no fan of either party ...but the guy is in charge so inevitably he is the one in focus...hence the thread title.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Thing is Trump was in power so he bears the responsibility ....whether things would have been different if the Dems were is conjecture,.,.,.Trump took his eye off the ball and shoved it onto a golf ball...and was too busy campaigning and just blustering his way through with his usual tweets.

Put the timeline in context. Trump was being pointlessly impeached at the time of the start of the outbreaks.

That was taking up all of both sides of governments time, focus and energy. All of US politics at the time was solely focused on that circus.

By the time all that bullshit was over it was too late of course. Political point scoring of course was still in full swing.

So you're right, eyes were well and truly off the ball and more focused on other stupid games occurring.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That really is in its infancy ....Some of the republicans have blamed this as the reason for Trump not calling it right as he was distracted....but then all along he has said his response was ten out of ten...cant have it both ways now can he.

I’m no fan of either party ...but the guy is in charge so inevitably he is the one in focus...hence the thread title.

Would they have followed his lead?

On what we have in front of us now this might be the actual best outcome scenario that the US would have ended up with.

If Bernie and Biden would have kept travel open longer than Trump did how might that have impacted things?

Thus my belief they were totally screwed either way.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Put the timeline in context. Trump was being pointlessly impeached at the time of the start of the outbreaks.

That was taking up all of both sides of governments time, focus and energy. All of US politics at the time was solely focused on that circus.

By the time all that bullshit was over it was too late of course. Political point scoring of course was still in full swing.

So you're right, eyes were well and truly off the ball and more focused on other stupid games occurring.

As I have said Trump is claiming a ten out of ten in his response...his words not mine so the very fact they are claiming it was a distraction goes against his claim of being spot on...oh and let’s not forget this whole circus in your words started many many months ago...I don’t recall the republicans saying at the time they needed to sort out this “nasty Chinese disease”...too busy not letting witnesses testify :whistle:

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As I have said Trump is claiming a ten out of ten in his response...his words not mine so the very fact they are claiming it was a distraction goes against his claim of being spot on...oh and let’s not forget this whole circus in your words started many many months ago

The whole circus started before he was even elected.

Unfortunately for the US the orchestrated witch hunt to take him down lead to such a toxic environment that no partisanship was likely.

People worry too much about the vacuous statements he makes and not about the sad fact that in this instance, Trump's response was probably the best scenario for the US given their current batch of politicians. That's how bad it really is.

Which is why the largest block of people in the US are those who don't vote.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Pointlessly impeached ..well I think we could argue about that ..but let’s put that aside for now and concentrate on what Trump has said and yet republicans are claiming it as a defence

“I think I handled it very well, but I guess it probably did [distract me]. I mean, I got impeached. I think, you know, I certainly devoted a little time to thinking about it, right?” But then he swung back, arguing, “I don’t think I would have done any better had I not been impeached. Okay? ... I don’t think I would have acted any differently or I don’t think I would have acted any faster.”

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The whole circus started before he was even elected.

Unfortunately for the US the orchestrated witch hunt to take him down lead to such a toxic environment that no partisanship was likely.

People worry too much about the vacuous statements he makes and not about the sad fact that in this instance, Trump's response was probably the best scenario for the US given their current batch of politicians. That's how bad it really is.

Which is why the largest block of people in the US are those who don't vote

I don’t totally disagree with the bit in bold.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Pointlessly impeached ..well I think we could argue about that ..but let’s put that aside for now and concentrate on what Trump has said and yet republicans are claiming it as a defence

“I think I handled it very well, but I guess it probably did [distract me]. I mean, I got impeached. I think, you know, I certainly devoted a little time to thinking about it, right?” But then he swung back, arguing, “I don’t think I would have done any better had I not been impeached. Okay? ... I don’t think I would have acted any differently or I don’t think I would have acted any faster.”

Does that phrase really change anything?

Are those words any more damning than what Biden or Sanders said?

Isn't the bottom line of the US was screwed no matter who was dealing with it the major story or issue to look at?
There's plenty to be seen more than heard if people look deeper into the problems and goings on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I used to like coming on this thread, now it's a one man bandstand and all rather boring...

The word "if" is getting a full work out, which is a shame.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I used to like coming on this thread, now it's a one man bandstand and all rather boring...

I fear that it is now the case that unless we can all agree that all major political parties are awful, especially in the US, that we are all too dumb to seek out and accept 'the truth' (as offered by our one man bandstand), and that Trump is not really that bad compared to all the other dark forces, this thread is effectively is going to go round in ever-decreasing circles until it disappears up it's own backside.
Perhaps our one man bandstand could just run a poll, see how many agree with his views, and re-consider his never-ending monologue?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I fear that it is now the case that unless we can all agree that all major political parties are awful, especially in the US, that we are all too dumb to seek out and accept 'the truth' (as offered by our one man bandstand), and that Trump is not really that bad compared to all the other dark forces, this thread is effectively is going to go round in ever-decreasing circles until it disappears up it's own backside.
Perhaps our one man bandstand could just run a poll, see how many agree with his views, and re-consider his never-ending monologue?

I think we probably do all agree on this. I think we are also expected to agree that because they are all awful it somehow admonishes Trump of any responsibility in manner or deed.

The circles of diversion are certainly at work on this thread.

I am not sure if how he thinks he comes across bears any resemblance to how he actually comes across.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think we probably do all agree on this. I think we are also expected to agree that because they are all awful it somehow admonishes Trump of any responsibility in manner or deed.

The circles of diversion are certainly at work on this thread.

I am not sure if how he thinks he comes across bears any resemblance to how he actually comes across.

I'm wondering whether Australia have all put him on ignore and that's why we have got him :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thing is Trump was in power so he bears the responsibility ....whether things would have been different if the Dems were is conjecture,.,.,.Trump took his eye off the ball and shoved it onto a golf ball...and was too busy campaigning and just blustering his way through with his usual tweets.

More dangerously than that, the orange Commander-In-Chief kept telling Americans it's just another flu, business will be back to normal at Easter weekend (now … lol), and he repeatedly named the virus "just a Democratic hoax". All well into March.

He had the media exposure to make a difference, save 10,000's of American lives (by the time this is over).

Dumbo couldn't be arsed. Blood on his hands.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
More dangerously than that, the orange Commander-In-Chief kept telling Americans it's just another flu, business will be back to normal at Easter weekend (now … lol), and he repeatedly named the virus "just a Democratic hoax". All well into March.

He had the media exposure to make a difference, save 10,000's of American lives (by the time this is over).

Dumbo couldn't be arsed. Blood on his hands.

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-11 at 10.53.06.jpeg

Looks like he wasn't the only one....

The media was also doing the same, I posted the proof of that earlier in this thread. They all ****ed up, big time, and now instead of taking responsibility and trying to make things right everyone is spending more time pointing at the bad orange man saying HE DID IT than saving lives.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
View attachment 122050

Looks like he wasn't the only one....

The media was also doing the same, I posted the proof of that earlier in this thread. They all ****ed up, big time, and now instead of taking responsibility and trying to make things right everyone is spending more time pointing at the bad orange man saying HE DID IT than saving lives.

Trump carried this on for weeks and days, when state governors visibly upset and shaken, were pleading for Trump’s maladministration to take the pandemic seriously.

The media and public don’t set policy, or sign $100b cheques. Trump had/has great power, he revels in his having the job title, but spends much of his time treating the job as a means to settle vendettas against anyone who has the guts to criticise him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here