Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It may be on here but I have just watched a video of how Trump has dealt with the press at the white house briefings.
Regarding social distancing.
" I think you are sitting too far apart, there are only 3 I like in here, so to get rid of 75 to 80 per cent of you, this would be a great way of doing it"
I hope the video has been very professionally edited because even for Trump that is extremely low.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What time BST is Trump on this evening? If not late, I’ll watch it for comic value.

He's just deflecting and rambling off in different directions as usual.

Pence is the only one who can be understood coherently. Their 'expert' is very different. More candid and chatty.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We really don’t know. How do we know whether they underreported or reported however they report,” Trump said of China’s reported coronavirus numbers.

“But we had a great call the other night,” Trump said referring to China’s president Xi Jinping. “We are working together on a lot of different things including trade. They’re buying a lot, they’re spending a lot of money. They’re giving it to our farmers.”

It’s all that matters :facepalm:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Unless you are South Korea that listened to their every word

That's not quite true. South Korea were already in a state of preparation due to previous outbreaks they have had to deal with.

In 2018 they had to deal with a MERS outbreak so they are a nation that since the SARS outbreak have put a lot of money and planning into outbreaks.

This is what a paid Chinese agent looks like.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
That's easily answered.

Trump isn't right wing. He has no true political philosophies. That's the biggest joke, he ended up in politics. Why? Because Clinton was so corrupt and untrustworthy a caricature like Trump seemed more palatable.

To equate plutocracy to the right when the left is flushed with it's own billionaires is disingenuous.

So you agree with me then that it's all one big orchestrated scam then to put more money into the pockets of the money people that benefit the Democrats and Republican parties equally.

Why do you think so many people still don't trust the US Government and hold the constitution so high in regards to how they think?

The name is a Dave Chappelle character. Not that up on US comedy I guess.

My version of reality is from people who see the collusion between both parties to prop up the billionaires clubs. Is your version of reality different?

My commitment is to smaller Governments and less Government intervention anywhere. Let's just say I can relate a lot to someone like Jesse Ventura, a man of good principles who can see and call out the corrupt bullshit going on.

Who would you rather listen to for truth, Ventura or CNN/Fox?

Anyone who spouts garbage like the Democrats are the good guys is the true garbage propaganda pushers. They are all in bed together and yet we have idiots trying to pretend otherwise.

I’ll come back on this (not aggressively) when I get the chance. In lockdown with two young children and a full time job. I’ve read a bit further down. Why don’t you stand for what you believe as a candidate?

In the meantime, I generally agree with you about the US government. It’s all about big business lobbying for control; the major republican donors have their hooks into Trump’s administration. He’s got an advocate of coal power/climate change denier (along your way of thinking) heading up the Environmental Protection Agency. Total deregulation in another area of industry. Banks, law, insurance, big pharma (opioids), energy, healthcare, farming. What could possibly go wrong?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I’ll come back on this (not aggressively) when I get the chance. In lockdown with two young children and a full time job. I’ve read a bit further down. Why don’t you stand for what you believe as a candidate?

Because for the amount of time and effort one would have to put in to gain 200 votes that time would be better spent enjoying life with family and friends.

In the meantime, I generally agree with you about the US government. It’s all about big business lobbying for control; the major republican donors have their hooks into Trump’s administration. He’s got an advocate of coal power/climate change denier (along your way of thinking) heading up the Environmental Protection Agency. Total deregulation in another area of industry. Banks, law, insurance, big pharma (opioids), energy, healthcare, farming. What could possibly go wrong?

And conversely major backing for the Democrats comes from Wall Street and silicon Valley. I believe an article stated the % of donor money that comes from Wall Street was something like 52% to 48% in favour of the Democrats at present.

You could go back through each of the last 4-5 US Presidents and identify which industry was backing them. Just shows how inherently corrupt the system is.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Because for the amount of time and effort one would have to put in to gain 200 votes that time would be better spent enjoying life with family and friends.

And conversely major backing for the Democrats comes from Wall Street and silicon Valley. I believe an article stated the % of donor money that comes from Wall Street was something like 52% to 48% in favour of the Democrats at present.

You could go back through each of the last 4-5 US Presidents and identify which industry was backing them. Just shows how inherently corrupt the system is.

Yes, big business is suffocating democracy to the extent that the interests of individuals are largely ignored. Levels of misinformation through “news” outlets generate faithful ignorance.

When I lived in the US, the main things I missed the Albion, the BBC and pubs. I was very surprised about the BBC. Without them we have Fox and the rest of the Fake News Media. Again...... deregulated press.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Yes, big business is suffocating democracy to the extent that the interests of individuals are largely ignored. Levels of misinformation through “news” outlets generate faithful ignorance.

When I lived in the US, the main things I missed the Albion, the BBC and pubs. I was very surprised about the BBC. Without them we have Fox and the rest of the Fake News Media. Again...... deregulated press.

With today's technology and social media platforms there's no reason people need to listen to the partisan reporting of the likes of Fox, CNN and MSNBC.

Plenty of good reporting of what's going on coming out of the US that isn't painting it as simply a one way street that say NSC would seem to believe.

Soylent Blue

Banned
Mar 13, 2019
Since you mentioned re-education, you could do worse than starting here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veracity_of_statements_by_Donald_Trump

*Whatabouttery Alert* And you haven't seen a tape of Joe Biden calling black kids roaches. You've seen a trimmed video, and read the accompanying spin/commentary, of a story he told about his days as a pool lifeguard.

But yes. I do think I'm missing something. Though not in the way you mean.

Clipped?
Nope here is the full video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oihV9yrZRHg&feature=youtu.be

You may wish to go forward to 6.45 and listen, Roach comment 7.12.

Oh and thanks for a wiki link thats had how many edits? Have you checked?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:ohmy:

[tweet]1245513642319151110[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stay classy

[tweet]1245480070111735809[/tweet]

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I cant watch this shit anymore, this is history we are living right now. 100 years from now, if theres a world left, people will say wtf were they thinking, their leaders were all ****s

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Trump

"I've just heard that one of the UK's best entertainers, Eddie Bigly, has passed away, that's sad, that's so sad"

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Clipped?
Nope here is the full video.

Oh and thanks for a wiki link thats had how many edits? Have you checked?

I guess we sometimes hear what we want to hear. I googled to see who else thought Biden called black kids roaches, because I certainly didn't, and the only references that popped up were from some right-wing loon on Twitter, and Breitbart.

The Wiki page has been edited just under a thousand times.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Soylent Blue

Banned
Mar 13, 2019
I guess we sometimes hear what we want to hear. I googled to see who else thought Biden called black kids roaches, because I certainly didn't, and the only references that popped up were from some right-wing loon on Twitter, and Breitbart.

The Wiki page has been edited just under a thousand times.

Well Its there so anyone can watch/listen to it, I avoid wikipedia on controvertial issues(and there is no hotter potato than Trump), you get edit wars by cranks mainly. Looking up mundane stuff like the periodic tables or obscure stuff is usually OK though.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Well Its there so anyone can watch/listen to it, I avoid wikipedia on controvertial issues(and there is no hotter potato than Trump), you get edit wars by cranks mainly. Looking up mundane stuff like the periodic tables or obscure stuff is usually OK though.

As there are 209 references, and is ongoingly (is that a word? actively, then) updated, 1000 edits seems reasonable, and perhaps not down to too many edit wars. But I take your point and we move on through these strange times to things we can actively do something about...!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here