Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We live in a new age where polar politics lends itself to his style. People pick a side, then because they believe it’s weak to ever admit wrongfulness, they stick to no matter how much worse it gets. It started with the generations that confronted teachers for taking their misbehaving children to task. You can never be wrong and just dismiss anyone or anything that challenges that by being overtly threatening towards, calling it fake, denying or whatever. Lying, cheating, rudeness, violence...these are desirable traits, promoted and held in high esteem by our culture today. We really have lost our way. Morally we’re bankrupt. Trump is just the figurehead for a much bigger problem across western societies today.
Can't argue against any of that really. Sadly.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We live in a new age where polar politics lends itself to his style. People pick a side, then because they believe it’s weak to ever admit wrongfulness, they stick to no matter how much worse it gets. It started with the generations that confronted teachers for taking their misbehaving children to task. You can never be wrong and just dismiss anyone or anything that challenges that by being overtly threatening towards, calling it fake, denying or whatever. Lying, cheating, rudeness, violence...these are desirable traits, promoted and held in high esteem by our culture today. We really have lost our way. Morally we’re bankrupt. Trump is just the figurehead for a much bigger problem across western societies today.

I disagree totally with this. I don't think we've ever seen politics in such a fluid state. It's not that long ago when something like 95% of votes in GB went to the two main parties, opinion polls suggest they're polling around 50% now.

We're seeing new parties capture big shares of the vote - not just here, but across Europe. The two biggest gainers in European elections were the Greens and right-wing populist parties, complete polar opposites.

We're seeing people changing their vote with regularity that previous generations would never have recognised and I see no sign of this phenomenon altering.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Now can we all just agree that Tulsi Gabbard is the best Democrat candidate.

We can all certainly agree that you were quite categorically owned on the previous page.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dunno whether to :laugh: or :cry:

[tweet]1151969405091352583[/tweet]

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
aaaaaand, on the other side of the Atlantic. Make it all stop...

[tweet]1154012720536129537[/tweet]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mueller confirming what we already knew, for those who can be bothered to look at the actual facts.

If Donald Trump was anyone other than the sitting President, he would currently be looking at "substantial jail time".

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Mueller confirming what we already knew, for those who can be bothered to look at the actual facts.

If Donald Trump was anyone other than the sitting President, he would currently be looking at "substantial jail time".

For those who can be bothered to look at the actual facts, what was confirmed today is that Mueller is now a bumbling fool who no longer has the mental capacity to investigate a playground spat. He doesn’t seem to have a clue what is in his report and it is extremely doubtful he even wrote it.

The more likely scenario is what Trump has claimed all along; he was set up by his political opponents in the corrupt Democrat Party, DOJ, FBI, CIA and anybody else who wanted to put the boot in. You can hate him for the obnoxious pig he may be, but you cannot make him pay for crimes he obviously hasn’t committed.

If you don’t believe me just watch the hearing.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
For those who can be bothered to look at the actual facts, what was confirmed today is that Mueller is now a bumbling fool who no longer has the mental capacity to investigate a playground spat. He doesn’t seem to have a clue what is in his report and it is extremely doubtful he even wrote it.

The more likely scenario is what Trump has claimed all along; he was set up by his political opponents in the corrupt Democrat Party, DOJ, FBI, CIA and anybody else who wanted to put the boot in. You can hate him for the obnoxious pig he may be, but you cannot make him pay for crimes he obviously hasn’t committed.

If you don’t believe me just watch the hearing.

Nonsense. He was always a reluctant witness, but he was only part of a talented team who did their job. What was made absolutely clear was that Trump was NOT exonerated by the investigation, that he could be charged if he loses the next election, and that Trump made attempts to dismember the investigation (innocent people don't tend to do that).

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Nonsense. He was always a reluctant witness, but he was only part of a talented team who did their job. What was made absolutely clear was that Trump was NOT exonerated by the investigation, that he could be charged if he loses the next election, and that Trump made attempts to dismember the investigation (innocent people don't tend to do that).

Charged for what?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

nail on head.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
aaaaaand, on the other side of the Atlantic. Make it all stop...

[tweet]1154012720536129537[/tweet]

Just thought I’d point out but Prosecutors don’t exonerate, ever.

the charge or they don’t charge .

So as the yanks say , thats a big nothing burger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The more likely scenario is what Trump has claimed all along; he was set up by his political opponents in the corrupt Democrat Party, DOJ, FBI, CIA and anybody else who wanted to put the boot in.

To believe Trump to be a stand-up guy you seem to have to be able to believe that absolutely everybody else is corrupt. Occam's razor would seem to apply here. Is it more likely that there is a massive conspiracy between all of the law enforcement agencies, judges, politicians, career officials and media, or that the man famously and provably unconcerned by reality when it doesn't serve his purposes might not be honest?

He is an unindicted co-conspirator in the crimes that Michael Cohen is serving time for. He is only not in court now because of his office.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Just thought I’d point out but Prosecutors don’t exonerate, ever.

the charge or they don’t charge .

So as the yanks say , thats a big nothing burger

It would be if Trump hadn't been saying that the report 'totally exonerat(es)' him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here