Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump..... How did it happen ??..

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Or a brilliant president:)

Time will tell.....

Time will tell but I don't hold out much hope that a man with no experience who has filled his cabinet with equally inexperienced multimillionaire yes men, will do a particularly good job. I will never understand how him mocking that disabled reporter wasn't the end of it.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
No, but if it's a choice for the rich woman who you think is a bit corrupt or a racist, sexist, disabiloty mocking, bankrupt declaring, corrupt xenophobic twonk, it's not hard to pick a side. Lesser of two evils and all that.

You think Hilary Clinton is the lesser of two evils???

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Never mind, time will tell eh..

Where will you get your info from once Trump puts a ban on CNN and hopefully this country follows suit by placing a ban on the BBC, you people will be like a herd of lost sheep.:lolol:

That's the spirit, we'll just ban the news that paints the right wing rhetoric in a bad light. It's not like there are other sources of information...

He may be a billionaire but there's no denying he played the role of outsider brilliantly and the system made it a reality. And before you say it, no I didn't want him as President but then again I didn't want Hillary either.

After 50 billion posts we agree on something - guess I'll wait before asking you to mail $27 dollars to Bernie though

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Never mind, time will tell eh..

Where will you get your info from once Trump puts a ban on CNN and hopefully this country follows suit by placing a ban on the BBC, you people will be like a herd of lost sheep.:lolol:

:facepalm:

And then we'll never know how many were at the inauguration. Think Trump is estimating there were a billion there in front of the white house, or was it two billion!!!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He may be a billionaire but there's no denying he played the role of outsider brilliantly and the system made it a reality. And before you say it, no I didn't want him as President but then again I didn't want Hillary either.

I'd rather have the Donald in charge than Ted Cruz or Mike Pence.

Clinton would've been a continuation of the NWO and all I'm saying is, it will be interesting to see if DT does waive globalisation in favour of matters closer to home. I'm not a fan of DT of HC, by the way.

It's a con job tho isn't it - the interesting thing is whether he can spin the brilliant PR moves out for 4 years, a few companies bribed to keep factories in the US etc

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Brilliantly Summed up by a totally pissed off yank who couldn't stand the system..

It happened because you banned super-sized sodas and smoking in parks. And offensive ideas on campus.
Because you branded people who oppose gay marriage "homophobic" and people unsure about immigration "racist" .
Because you treated owning a gun and never having eaten Guinoa as signifiers of fascism.
Because you thought correcting peoples attitudes was more important than finding them jobs.
Because you turned "white man" from a description into a insult.
Because you used slurs like "denier" and "dangerous" against anyone who doesn't share your eco-pieties.
Because you treated dissent as hate speech and criticism of Obama as extremism.
Because you talked more about gender-neutral toilets than about home repossessions.
Because you beatified Caitlyn Jenner.
Because you policed people's language, rubbished their parenting skills, took the piss out of their beliefs.
Because you cried when someone mocked the Koran but laughed when they mocked the bible.
Because you said criticising Islam is Islamophobia.
Because you kept telling people, "you can't say that, you can't do this".
Because you turned politics from something done by and for people to something done to them, for their own good.
Because you treated people like trash. And people don't like being treated like trash..... TRUMP HAPPENED BECAUSE OF YOU !!!
The very same applies over here. :D.

Quite amusing - but like all good political satire, it ain't far from the truth.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Trump won in the same way Leave won the Referendum. Most of the people who have subsequently protested about both should have been as passionate before the vote happened.

For those who reckon Hilary Clinton wouldn't be an improvement on Donald Trump and call themselves progressive: have a look at yourself.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Not buying this 'brilliant conman' line, he's certainly no T Blair. He seems utterly transparent, narcissistic, vengeful plus not blessed with great intellectual capacity/oratory skills.

More a sad reflection of the state of the US political system that such a person could succeed.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
More a sad reflection of the state of the US political system that such a person could succeed.

Surely the same could be said about Blair and the UK political system though?

The opposition was inept, sleazy and at civil war with itself, which allowed Blair to succeed three times.

Regardless of where you are on the political spectrum, our elected elite (and I appreciate we elected them) are a pretty underwhelming bunch all round. May, Corbyn, Sturgeon, Farron, Nuttall (how anyone who is a lecturer at a HE institution in Liverpool has credibility in any walk of life is beyond me) hardly make a good case this side of the pond for the merits of a parliamentary democracy, and Trump, Pence, Cruz, Clinton, Sanders et al are even worse.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
IMG-20170122-WA0002-2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here