Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump Bombs Syria

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20170407-155143.png

Confused signs from BBC?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=b...I8AKHerJC34Q_AUIBSgA&biw=800&bih=1280&dpr=1.5

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
As with events on the ground and the great media deception on what happened in Aleppo, its almost impossible to guess the dynamics behind the scenes. There is much smoke and mirrors between governments and as an interesting point, whether you are on the end of a chemical attack, a cluster weapon or a conventional HE bomb, the outcome is the same, so one could say that this whole episode may well have been choreographed?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes I can see the logic, and I certainly don't know for sure who carried out the attack. But we can't be certain either he or his opposition would use them again.

There is no certainty but my subjective view is that if I was in Assad’s position I would consider using chemical weapons as suicidal. The rebels Al Nusra, Sham and Daesh etc on the other hand don’t care what the UN thinks and they have nothing to lose especially if Assad always gets blamed for it anyway. If they have them they will used them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There is no certainty but my subjective view is that if I was in Assad’s position I would consider using chemical weapons as suicidal.
If we were in Assad's position, we'd want an end to the violence and we'd do our best to protect civilians. Whatever you think of Assad, you don't think he's a good guy do you?

The rebels Al Nusra, Sham and Daesh etc on the other hand don’t care what the UN thinks
If Assad cares what the UN thinks, I haven't noticed.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If we were in Assad's position, we'd want an end to the violence and we'd do our best to protect civilians. Whatever you think of Assad, you don't think he's a good guy do you?

What's the benchmark for this Good guy thing? Bush, Blair, Obama, Cameraon? I know that the Alawites, Christians, Shia, Jews, Yazid's and other minority groups are protected from the Sunni's. The Kurds just want autonmy and aren't pushing for Assad to go.

If Assad cares what the UN thinks, I haven't noticed.

I am sure he does care what they think but with half the UN wanting regime change, warmongering from the sidelines whilst feeding cash, training, sophisticated weaopns and insurgents into Syria, it gets to the point when you can only care so much when all that is shown is a bias and an ulterior motive.

If Assad fled the country at any time, and even if he did tonight there would still be a battle for control and a mad rush for first pick of the military hardware. I see Assad as doing us a favour and saving Syria from really becoming an Islamic State.

The only time he can go is when he can guarantee the safety of the people who support him, and can trust the people taking over his military and 70,000 soldiers. The rebels however are insisting that he hands the keys to the government and military before they start negotiating. It's ok people demanding what they want but it has to be constrained along a realistic path.

My solution would be to divide the country up for 70 years, share its oil wealth evenly, and in 70 years time to when everyone from now is dead including Assad, the country can then choose to unite on a clean slate with no living memory of this disasterous war.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
His actions are showing him unhinged and reactionary. He long said the U.S should stay out of it- and he has long known about the use of chemical weapons. Suddenly pictures emerge of a single strike , albeit appalling, and he's flattening airbases and declaring proxy war with Russia.

As I said, I believe that destroying Syria's air capacity will have a positive outworking for citizens. However, such swift political policy shifts are worrying.
Yeah.. ok mate...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here