Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble / violence at gigs.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Test tube babies still banging about they used to support everyone who played top rank back in the day, best gig I ever saw the damned anti nowhere league and babies it was mental top rank 80/81 think, animal pissing off balcony on crowd below when damned where on, all good fun but as usual the skins kicked off at the front 😦

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I don't think I would enjoy watching The Damed, Stranglers and similar bands now days, but as a 14-16 year old they were what I lived for.

Oh definitely, I could not agree more.

I was talking about the fact that I am not a fan of mindless violence, which you see less of at gigs these days.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Stranglers @ the Birmingham odeon 1979 kicked off with the bouncers, always good as a 14 year old yoof laying into someone from the periphery.

Crass at Birmingham Digbeth civic hall in 1979' got robbed by a skinhead before they all steamed into the pinks at the front.

Oasis @ MK bowl bottles of piss being thrown then all he'll broke loose.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Recall a few Horsham and burgess hill skinheads getting jumped at Claire Hall on NYE poor old G C got glassed when the lights went out,not a good night.

That would be g c from b hill sounds like shivers

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Oh definitely, I could not agree more.

I was talking about the fact that I am not a fan of mindless violence, which you see less of at gigs these days.

Fair comment, I was very lucky and avoided getting as much as a punch considering the amount of bands I saw back then.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
The only time there appeared to be a lot of violence at gigs was the punk era, all that gobbing and lobbing empty skiffs (or worse). Two stand out for me, both while I was at Leicester Uni
The Lurkers were supporting the Members in the smallest, shittiest room in the student union. My mate (yea, honest) chucked a half full plastic skiff which hit the lead guitarist or the bassist, can't remember which. At which point the band put down their instruments, jumped off stage and started wading into my mate. (Small crowd, wasn't difficult to see who had done it.) There were about six of us there, all of us over six foot, we waited a sufficient time for my mate to get a bit of a pasting (for being a ****) and then wandered over to calm it down or join in as necessary. The band decided to return to their "entertaining" duties at that point.
About the same time, I saw the Jam, again at the Student Union; when I got back to my room, I found the back of my shirt was covered with blood. No idea what happened, but someone had either taken a few or had the mother or all nosebleeds.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Many many fights back in the day, but one I was very much involved in was with a very nice chap called Ian Stuart Donaldson who was the singer of a classy little band called skrewdriver!! We were at a lovely place called skunkz in islinton North London, I bought a pint which he picked up and through at my punk mates, I told him he was a xxxx and to buy me a new pint.... Well the two lads jumped over the bar pushed me out of the door then locked it behind me and told me to run, which by Christ I did. I managed to get away ok unlike my mates looked in with the screwdriver skins!!!

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
The exploited , UK subs , and the test tubes at the Dome theatre , around 81/82 I think . Whole place went up in the air . Only lasted around half an hour . The subs and test tubes locked themselves in the dressing rooms while the exploited joined in , followed by several police baton charges. A legendary evening's entertainment if I do say so myself.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Many many fights back in the day, but one I was very much involved in was with a very nice chap called Ian Stuart Donaldson who was the singer of a classy little band called skrewdriver!! We were at a lovely place called skunkz in islinton North London, I bought a pint which he picked up and through at my punk mates, I told him he was a xxxx and to buy me a new pint.... Well the two lads jumped over the bar pushed me out of the door then locked it behind me and told me to run, which by Christ I did. I managed to get away ok unlike my mates looked in with the screwdriver skins!!!

Lucky escape I think.

When I lived in Seaford in the late 90s there was a skinhead that went in the local pubs, I'm sure he had Skrewdriver tattooed on his neck.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Has there ever been a fight at an Enya concert?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I was out with a young lady in Worthing, and saw Donaldson and about ten mates in the Fountain, acting the big man. What a knob he was, unfortunately I was on my own, so I didn't inform him and his knuckle dragging mates my of my heartfelt opinion. I did get out alive though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here