Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trouble At West Ham Match In The Netherlands

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
If/when we make Europe there will be a lot Brighton fans who will have their eyes opened a little bit regardless of what country we travel to.
There is though a very deeply held prejudice in some circles (very well represented on here) that wants to blame the English. Look what happened when Liverpool fans were treated appallingly by French police and locals at the CL final last year. The authorities were pushing an open door in the initial cover up.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes, and even when I lived in gentile Zurich, there was a European match between FC Zurich and Borussia Mönchengladbach and that was "interesting" before and after the game. You could argue it was almost a local derby in European terms, but still. Amazingly Switzerland does have some hooligan problems, especially when FC Zurich play Basel.

As you say, it could be fun if we draw a Balkan or Eastern European team.
I used to live near Lausanne. It does give you more to go on than for people who see countries through the lens of gap year or 2 weeks hanging out in fashionable restaurants.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
I used to live near Lausanne. It does give you more to go on than for people who see countries through the lens of gap year or 2 weeks hanging out in fashionable restaurants.
How did you find that? When I worked in Switzerland we had a sister office in Lausanne. On the surface it is a nice place, but my workmate was mugged for his laptop there.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
How did you find that? When I worked in Switzerland we had a sister office in Lausanne. On the surface it is a nice place, but my workmate was mugged for his laptop there.
Yep, both are true. Lovely place for expats and wealthy Swiss. We loved it, especially as we lived in the mountains rather than the city. Maybe not the first choice for a night out, with Montreux and the smaller villages along the lake to choose from. Definitely less salubrious parts away from the tourist trail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here