Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard Memories - Let’s finish on a high.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
So rather than talk of soap operas and fallouts I thought it might be nice to try to remember his best moments. I have picked two from each season he was with us:

First season

1. His cameo off the bench against Norwich at home. Made one, scored one and won us a match almost single handed.
2. His winner away at Norwich post the Covid break. The result that almost guaranteed survival.

Second Season

1. The winner away at Southampton. A massive result after the shambles that had been the palace and WBA defeats.
2. The opener against Newcastle. What a strike and led to a huge three points.

Third Season

1. The winner away at Spurs. What a performance from the team and what a result.
2. The last minute winner at Brentford. Really set the season up beautifully.

This season:

1. Of course the three goals are Anfield
2. The opener versus Chelsea, what an atmosphere when that went in.

There are so many big goals against top teams I have missed but feel free to contribute. Let’s remember the good times!

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
That goal against the Champions; Man City when there was 6,000 fans in The Amex was pretty decent, which we went onto win. Special win that.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He was a little genius at times and with that came those quiet games... I’d still rather have his ability to conjure something from nothing than not... Mito is a brilliant hard working skilful player, but Trossard has that something truly special ... I think we should look back on him as a wonderful player for us, irrespective of his alleged attitude following the WC...

I’ll miss him, especially his habit of being brilliant against the best - a rare commodity.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Never going to forget his three woodwork hits against United... really set the tone of that season, it was almost cursed.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
He was a little genius at times and with that came those quiet games... I’d still rather have his ability to conjure something from nothing than not... Mito is a brilliant hard working skilful player, but Trossard has that something truly special ... I think we should look back on him as a wonderful player for us, irrespective of his alleged attitude following the WC...

I’ll miss him, especially his habit of being brilliant against the best - a rare commodity.
I must say that is very much what I think too, I believe he can up his game to another level still, with quick feet, a quick brain, and very determined. I hope he forces his way in their team and hopefully we can play them in Europe!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I must say that is very much what I think too, I believe he can up his game to another level still, with quick feet, a quick brain, and very determined. I hope he forces his way in their team and hopefully we can play them in Europe!
Yeah, I’m kind of weary too of all the recent ex player, coach etc. Angst... I really can’t be bothered to get all worked up over this inevitable departure...

He was (at times) as good a player as we’ve ever had - departures are rarely errrmmm good... this is no different... I’ll miss him greatly.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I liked the picture of him lying down behind the defensive wall and smiling at the camera.
%2Fmethode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fd7c37020-8f0c-11eb-ab4d-f4c45359834c.jpg

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Yeah, I’m kind of weary too of all the recent ex player, coach etc. Angst... I really can’t be bothered to get all worked up over this inevitable departure...

He was (at times) as good a player as we’ve ever had - departures are rarely errrmmm good... this is no different... I’ll miss him greatly.
Well said, it's not like he packed his bags for Croydon! What will be will be.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Winner away at Spurs was about as good as supporting the Albion away gets. Tight knit game petering out into a scoreless draw when he picks the ball up, sends Dier the wrong way, and pokes it past World Cup winner Lloris (I know, I know) nonchalantly. The glorious early summer sunshine seemed to be only shining on the away end and everything was fantastic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'll have to be Spurs for me, by virtue of the fact he kicked the ball straight at us.

Marvellous.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Who? :shrug:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Bit of an unusual one, but the first time I realised how talented he was, was the outside of the foot cross for Mooy's goal in his first season vs Bournemouth. He hadn't done much all game, then popped up with that moment of magic towards the end. Mooy got a lot of credit for the superb chest, turn and finish, but the cross was equally sublime.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
He’s been an absolute star for us. Have hated the way his exit was forced, but I blame the agent not the player for that.

Hope he’s able to forge a space for himself in the Arsenal team and get some minutes on the pitch, will wish him well when they’re not playing us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here