Trevor Mcdonald

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
According to a couple of todays papers Sir Trevor McDonald refers to the late Bernard Manning as " a fat white bastard" on his new programme on TV tonight.

I've watched the news headlines several times today waiting for the "Trevor McDonald in RACIST outburst" stories and surprise surprise it hasn't even got a mention.

Funny that :censored:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It's not racist to slag off white people though.It doesn't work like that

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah he could have at least stuck "racist" in the middle of that quote

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
1. He was fat
2. He was white
3. Technically he wasn't a bastard as his parents were married

Two out of three ain't bad......

However he was a racist bigot whose jokes were offensive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Manning

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I can see your point, Gerbil, but as someone else says it doesn't seem to work like that. It is rare for any white person to use the race card to get what they want.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So Sir Trev wasn't being at all racist then?

Probably but then I don't really give a shit. It's PC gone mad again. I'm sure it would have been water off a duck's back to the fat white racist

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Er - since when does mimicing the insult make it right? Ferfucksake, we even teach the kids not to repeat the insult because it lowers you to their level.

Expected better from Sir Trev, but then again I doubt he is writing his own material.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
1. He was fat
2. He was white
3. Technically he wasn't a bastard as his parents were married

Two out of three ain't bad......

However he was a racist bigot whose jokes were offensive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Manning

If you don't like his jokes then don't watch him.Simple really.But there were many others out there who did and thats why he became famous and made lots and lots of dosh.:smokin:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Wait a minute, how come racists think it's bad if someone uses 'white' in a derogatory manner yet they are racists? Surely they can at least be equal opportunity racists.

Who knows without seeing it, if it's a comedy programme then I would suggest it might be ironic.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I never tip Asian taxi drivers.Is that racist?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe Trevor is like Ron Burgundy, and always reads WHATEVER is on the autocue regardless. Someone within the production team has probably stitched him up.

Could happen to anyone. What about El Pres the other morning on his Economics update ? One moment he was discussing the rising oil prices due to increasing tensions in the Middle East, then out of nowhere he came out with that line about "felching with a Bhutan water buffalo on an unlicensed safari with Terry Christian".

Its a linguistic MINEFIELD in a TV studio.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Wait a minute, how come racists think it's bad if someone uses 'white' in a derogatory manner yet they are racists? Surely they can at least be equal opportunity racists.

That's the point.

ANY minority can use white in a derogatory manner but even think of using any other colour that way and you're automatically branded a racist.

Bit loaded one way don't you think.

I'll wait until tomorrow and see if all this makes the news a la Big brother did.

I'm willing to bet you that it doesn't.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If someone were Black, fat, and not very pleasant, would it actually be racist to say he was a Fat, Black, Bastard?

I dont think so, therefore Trevor McDonald is not being racist.

Ron Atkinson made a remark about a black player on tv and lost his job.So there ya have it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports