Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel Vouchers Not Accepted

POB76

Mar 28, 2004
Hove
Not sure if this is old news?

The Albion ticket office informed me trains and busses are starting to refuse travel voucher stubs on home match tickets

:shootself

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I assume/hope that it complete bollocks, or i'll effectively be paying 28 quid to see a match at Withdean:nono:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
POB76 said:

The Albion ticket office informed me trains and busses are starting to refuse travel voucher stubs on home match tickets

Since when ? If that's the case then they need to reduce the tiket prices accordingly.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
POB76 said:

If, and it's a big IF, that is true, just use it anyway and see what happens. Of course, it could be that it's not Brighton & Hove Buses they are talking about, nor is it Southern Trains/Thameslink.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Happy Seagull said:
They can try and refuse me, but i won't get off the bus if asked.

And as far as i know, you are legally entitled to use that ticket as a journey - ad it doesnt say the legal crap on the back

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Travel Vouchers Not Accepted

The Large One said:
Of course, it could be that it's not Brighton & Hove Buses they are talking about, nor is it Southern Trains/Thameslink.

That sounds more like it.

POB76

Mar 28, 2004
Hove
When I purchased a ticket for today’s game I was informed it didn’t matter if I pick the ticket up at the ground because staff are starting to refuse the vouchers on trains and busses

I always use P/Ride so wouldn’t know

I did ask why print them with the ticket she just said she thinks it has something to do with ongoing contract talks

:nono:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
POB76 said:
When I purchased a ticket for today’s game I was informed it didn’t matter if I pick the ticket up at the ground because staff are starting to refuse the vouchers on trains and busses

I always use P/Ride so wouldn’t know

I did ask why print them with the ticket she just said she thinks it has something to do with ongoing contract talks

:nono:
A question for Insider, methinks.

POB76

Mar 28, 2004
Hove
I was told this yesterday

I did say that I would catch the train down, but she just said the vouchers might not be exepted anyway

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Well sorry to be desponding about it, but it's not gonna help us sell out the ground is it? I mean the tickets are costly enough as it is, if you take the travel out of it then it will put a lot of the occasional supporters off.

Travel vouchers are not just a perk for ticket holders. They're a Planning Condition - part of the deal that allows us to use Withdean.

The City Council may have a view on this.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:
I just KNEW wouldn't resist something like that.

That is the usual reason that somebody withdraws their services and as I said it is probably a temporary prioblem that ill be overcome.

Get off your high horse and try to see the wood from the trees.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
555kaz said:
Well sorry to be desponding about it, but it's not gonna help us sell out the ground is it? I mean the tickets are costly enough as it is, if you take the travel out of it then it will put a lot of the occasional supporters off.

To be fair the cost of a ticket is the same price as a ticket to most of the away games i have been to this season and last so the club is not chargeing anymore for tickets than any other club in this division. Personally the travel voucher doesn't affect me as i have to use weekly bus savers to get to work, so i would have to use them if i wasn't useing the park and ride like a usually do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here