Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel voucher

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Please forgive my ignorance on this matter but I travel to the games by train (and pay the whole fair from home to Falmer and back).

This season I have a season ticket which, as I understand it, has the travel voucher included in the price.

Coming in from the East I think I heard that the travel voucher can only be used as far out as Lewes. So, if I buy a normal return ticket to Lewes how do I go about using the voucher, do I just show it to the guard or do I have to exchange it for a 'proper' ticket. This will save me approx £1.30 per match.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I heard a story from the Withdean era about an away fan who bought a ticket, and that he heard included travel and thought it meant his whole journey.
Supposedly showed his ticket to anyone who asked en route and never paid anything else all the way there and back.
From bloody Carlisle!
Could be just a story. But a bloody good one.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
I heard a story from the Withdean era about an away fan who bought a ticket, and that he heard included travel and thought it meant his whole journey.
Supposedly showed his ticket to anyone who asked en route and never paid anything else all the way there and back.
From bloody Carlisle!
Could be just a story. But a bloody good one.

Next trick would be to use it on non match days. Family day trip anyone?

KRJ7

Jun 1, 2012
Actually i am pleased this has been bought up. Assuming the voucher is near on identical to the Withdean scheme - was Haywards Heath/Burgess Hill included? Anyone remember?

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Actually i am pleased this has been bought up. Assuming the voucher is near on identical to the Withdean scheme - was Haywards Heath/Burgess Hill included? Anyone remember?

Travel voucher goes as far north as Haywards Heath.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here