[Albion] Travel to Wembley

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Will look at the train options near the time. Relaxed about it.

Should there be a rail strike, might drive to a London suburb and use the tube.

I’ve no intention of driving anywhere near Heathrow, A40, Wembley ….. one vast traffic jam on a match day. Past experience of getting home late.
Can’t be a strike can there? I think they’re suspended but also need a month’s notice.

Also, ruining the London Marathon would lose massive public support

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can’t be a strike can there? I think they’re suspended but also need a month’s notice.

Also, ruining the London Marathon would lose massive public support

Thanks. We’ll just go by train on the day, in a sea of blue and white, then use that old ploy of the lesser used station …. is it Wembley Park or Wembley Central?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Drive up on the Saturday……park up at my youngest’s gaff in Mill Hill…..Sunday get an Uber to Wembley ( around 20 minutes) ….after game, get Uber back and if not drunk too much, drive home or if have, stay over and drive home Monday morning…….sorted!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks. We’ll just go by train on the day, in a sea of blue and white, then use that old ploy of the lesser used station …. is it Wembley Park or Wembley Central?
Central. Park is brilliant though - the walk down Wembley way is always special!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Drive up on the Saturday……park up at my youngest’s gaff in Mill Hill…..Sunday get an Uber to Wembley ( around 20 minutes) ….after game, get Uber back and if not drunk too much, drive home or if have, stay over and drive home Monday morning…….sorted!
Depends on the result I guess…!

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
Will look at the train options near the time. Relaxed about it.

Should there be a rail strike, might drive to a London suburb and use the tube.

I’ve no intention of driving anywhere near Heathrow, A40, Wembley ….. one vast traffic jam on a match day. Past experience of getting home late.
Park at the O2 and tube it - Jubilee line all the way to Wembley. Sunday parking is £7.50 for the station car park

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
For me its drive to High Wycombe train station - park there for 24 hours - night in nearby Premier Inn for just over £40

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hired a driveway to park on somewhere in Harrow, Oakington area less than half hour walk from the stadium.

Trains and tubes on London Marathon day ? Fook that.

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Dependant on BA providing a smooth and on time departure from Mexico City and obviously an even smoother arrival at Heathrow.....

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
got to travel up first thing as promised to support a friend doing the marathon. show my face a few times then head up to Wembley by tube

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Still better than those three card trundlers we have. Probably more comfortable than the Thameslink ironing board seats as well.
Am l in a minority of one, when l say that l am a great fan of the new(ish) Thameslink stock? I find the seats to be ok, and the trains themselves are light, airy, and great people movers.

I certainly find travelling on them preferable to using the Class 377's, utilized by Southern on the Victoria services.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks, I think we’ll use Central post match.
Yeh I’d do that - def try do the Wembley Way walk on the way there - it’s what it’s all about 👍

Jul 7, 2003
Am l in a minority of one, when l say that l am a great fan of the new(ish) Thameslink stock? I find the seats to be ok, and the trains themselves are light, airy, and great people movers.

I certainly find travelling on them preferable to using the Class 377's, utilized by Southern on the Victoria services.
Compared to the seats on Stagecoach 17 they may be okay. Very poor legroom and the ergonomics of the seat are appalling. I got on a Thameslink out of Brighton recently to go to London but was so uncomfortable that I jumped platforms at Haywards Heath onto a Southern train.

They are designed for that push through London where they are great people movers and the light and airy carriages can accommodate more people standing but I would hate to do the full run from the coast to Cambridge on one without a trained osteopath waiting at the other end.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Don’t use trains all that frequently. What is the best/cheapest way to get to Wembley by train? Can book on Trainline, but have to commit to a specific train time which could be dodgy coming home. If we just bowl up to Brighton Station on the morning, are we going to get on a train and is it anymore expensive? Presumably we can catch any train home, as long as there’s room on it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Don’t use trains all that frequently. What is the best/cheapest way to get to Wembley by train? Can book on Trainline, but have to commit to a specific train time which could be dodgy coming home. If we just bowl up to Brighton Station on the morning, are we going to get on a train and is it anymore expensive? Presumably we can catch any train home, as long as there’s room on it.
Your best bet would be a travel card. The trains from Brighton will be busy but you'll get on them no problem, as long as they running on time. The only annoying thing is that thameslink is not running to Kings X on the 23rd, more bloody engineering works. London Bridge and Victoria will be the termini from Brighton. Lots of options via tube and overground from either

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports