• Train

Votes: 65 79.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Never been to Selhurst Park before and therefore unsure of the best way to get there.

How is everyone getting there? If by train, which of the stations is best to use?

I see the FGG has:

By Train
The nearest railway stations are Selhurst or Thornton Heath which are served by London Victoria main line station, Clapham Junction, London Bridge (every 30 mins) and East Croydon (every 15 mins). You can also use Norwood Junction station which is also served by Victoria, but is a little further away. It is then a 10-15 minute walk to ground. Please note that Crystal Palace station is nowhere near the ground.If you are coming from outside London, it may be an idea to purchase a 'Travelcard' at the first tube station you encounter (or some train operators also allow you to add this onto your train ticket) and tell the clerk that you want a 'Travelcard' that will cover you as far as Selhurst or Thornton Heath. The card then allows you unlimited travel on the tube and trains within the London travel zone and avoids having to buy a ticket for each leg of the journey. Lisa Lark a visiting Norwich City fan adds; 'If travelling to Selhurst Station from London Victoria, that it's better to get on at the front of the train rather than the back. We found that on leaving the train at Selhurst, that for the rear carriages there is a gap of 2 to 3 foot between the train doors and the platform, not the most pleasant of exits I've made from a train. If you are travelling with young children or are less agile, then it is best to be at the front of the train'.

Football Ground Guide: Selhurst Park, Crystal Palace FC

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
I reckon there's a decent chance the FA cup fourth round match may be televised. IF we beat Wrexham that means we may have to play on the Sunday. If that happens, will the Scumhurst match be moved to the Wednesday? I'm holding off buying a train ticket until I know if the match is going to be moved or not.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I reckon there's a decent chance the FA cup fourth round match may be televised. IF we beat Wrexham that means we may have to play on the Sunday. If that happens, will the Scumhurst match be moved to the Wednesday? I'm holding off buying a train ticket until I know if the match is going to be moved or not.

If we can actually beat Wrexham, there must be a chance that the 4th round match could even be moved to Monday night? In which case surely the Palace match will be moved as well.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Train to Smellworst. Change at East Croydon and don't forget to get your rabies shots.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

you cant speculate to much, there is also Fri eve, Sat lunch, Sat evening, Sun Lunchtime........plenty of options for live TV....it may also be a 3pm on Sat KO as there are plenty other attractive looking fixtures in the 4th round, which would draw bigger TV audeinces than Brighton v the Toon. I cannot see the league agreeing to move the Palace game.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The stadium is at the end of aisle 12, just beyond the fish counter.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Never been to Selhurst Park before and therefore unsure of the best way to get there.

How is everyone getting there? If by train, which of the stations is best to use?

I see the FGG has:

By Train
The nearest railway stations are Selhurst or Thornton Heath which are served by London Victoria main line station, Clapham Junction, London Bridge (every 30 mins) and East Croydon (every 15 mins). You can also use Norwood Junction station which is also served by Victoria, but is a little further away. It is then a 10-15 minute walk to ground. Please note that Crystal Palace station is nowhere near the ground.If you are coming from outside London, it may be an idea to purchase a 'Travelcard' at the first tube station you encounter (or some train operators also allow you to add this onto your train ticket) and tell the clerk that you want a 'Travelcard' that will cover you as far as Selhurst or Thornton Heath. The card then allows you unlimited travel on the tube and trains within the London travel zone and avoids having to buy a ticket for each leg of the journey. Lisa Lark a visiting Norwich City fan adds; 'If travelling to Selhurst Station from London Victoria, that it's better to get on at the front of the train rather than the back. We found that on leaving the train at Selhurst, that for the rear carriages there is a gap of 2 to 3 foot between the train doors and the platform, not the most pleasant of exits I've made from a train. If you are travelling with young children or are less agile, then it is best to be at the front of the train'.

Football Ground Guide: Selhurst Park, Crystal Palace FC

Norwood Junction, although it is 10-15 minute walk to the ground, the Cherry Tree Pub is right outside the station and is an away pub.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Car parking is a nightmare.

Train has been a problem in the past due to the attitude of the police. Kettling has not been uncommon. They will not necessarily let you go the way you want to to either station.

Not risking it, so using supporters coach this time.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Train straight to Norwood would be the easiest way but I can see the Police being right Nazi’s that night. If I was coming from Brighton, I’d be inclined to jump off the train at Redhill then get the 405 London bus route to West Croydon, that way there’s little or no chance of being kettled in by the police and you can enjoy the delights of Croydon in relative peace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports