Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Travel for Man City away (22/10)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sorry if there’s already a thread running on this, looking at the trains but you can’t book due to possible maintenance, am I missing something obvious here or are we looking at cars or coaches only?

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Avanti are a shambles and only confirm the timetable/release the tickets a few days before the day of travel in some cases... I haven't seen anything about maintenance work on that day, it's just that tickets haven't been released yet I believe

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
You cant book because Avanti didnt train enough drivers during the pandemic and now there is industrial unrest the reliance on people working over time who are now choosing not too means they have no idea how many services can run until very shortly before day of travel. It's an utter shambles which is likely to last a very long time. It takes 18 months to train a driver.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I've been thinking about a new way of mass travel for when public transport is up shit creek...

f7147c637ca313900c99256d554a015a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I’m thinking that I’ll just book the coach for this one as the only info I get about the trains is to check nearer the time.

tonytowner

Apr 12, 2010
Close. None of the railway company drivers are obliged to work on Sundays . Hence why we have a “Sunday service “. They only work on a Sunday if they choose to & are paid overtime rates. When the railway companies say they will pay increased wages in return for modernising some of the working practices this is the sort of thing they want to address. The unions are pretending that they are not encouraging their members at Avanti to not work on a Sunday. We used to be largely immune from strike action consequences as the unions used to strike on weekdays. This was to impact business & in particular the City. Following the lockdowns all businesses developed the capability to work from home. Now the unions are targeting us leisure users. I imagine the Government are saying to the unions bring it on. This will go on for months

Jul 7, 2003
According to an email I received from them, Avanti are due to publish a new timetable which reintroduces additional services to Manchester so keep an eye on their website over the next few days

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
You cant book because Avanti didnt train enough drivers during the pandemic and now there is industrial unrest the reliance on people working over time who are now choosing not too means they have no idea how many services can run until very shortly before day of travel. It's an utter shambles which is likely to last a very long time. It takes 18 months to train a driver.
Surely all the train companies faced the same challenges? Avanti are a special kind of shambles. My own recent tale of woe involved, amongst other instances of incompetence, being dumped with a trainload of fellow passengers at Rugby station at 2am with no forward plan in situ how to get passengers to their final destination (Preston in our case). To fast forward, we eventually got there around 10 hours late. Utterly dreadful company.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Panicked to start with but then realised I’m going up by train on the Friday till Sunday. So will miss all the hassle.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone ever made a claim due to transport issues on Booking Protect after buying insurance?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I used to use Virgin a lot to get up to the midlands from Euston. Once Avanti took over the service it has gone downhill in so many ways, price and lack of seat choice just for 2. If I have to go up now, I tend to drive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here