Travel advice: Kusadasi, Izmir area, Turkey

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Have been to Turkey around 15 times (last time around three years ago) main advice would be to not go all inclusive. All the places we have been in Turkey we have been able to eat out at reasonable rates and beer is cheap. (In Marmaris last time we ate at a harbour side restaurant, starter of calamari, wife had pizza and I had a kebab (not donner!) total bill including wine/beers was around £20. If you are happy with street food then it's much cheaper to eat out!

And use bottled water for drinking don't drink the tap water!

Jan 30, 2008
yes , stayed at ladies beach in a private apartment , yes went to ephesus , WENT IN AUGUST 100C TEMPS, HOTTER AT EPHESUS :mad:
regards
DR

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Get out on a Gulet, used to be great value and gets you away from the busy places.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I state in kusadasi about ten years ago. Hotel tuntus I think. Short walk to beach. Had a great time. Get the dolmush (or whatever the buses are called) to the massive water park nearby. It was ace.

Jan 30, 2008
Get out on a Gulet, used to be great value and gets you away from the busy places.
SECOND THIS,DID ONE GOOD VALUE, PICKED UP IN DALYAN DOWN TO FETHYIE , CRUISE AROUND ISLANDS,SWIM STOPS, BBQ ON BOARD £20 each, had to pay for drinks on board the Gulet
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Have been to Turkey around 15 times (last time around three years ago) main advice would be to not go all inclusive. All the places we have been in Turkey we have been able to eat out at reasonable rates and beer is cheap. (In Marmaris last time we ate at a harbour side restaurant, starter of calamari, wife had pizza and I had a kebab (not donner!) total bill including wine/beers was around £20. If you are happy with street food then it's much cheaper to eat out!

And use bottled water for drinking don't drink the tap water!
you know how to show a lady a good time :facepalm:
regards
DR

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Have house just outside, in Davutlar. Go into town at least once/ twice a week, hassle and battering part of the feel. Boat trip' all day is good value, get to swim at 3/4 clear bays and food included, no alcohol. Arrived this morning, bit gutted will miss four Albion games ( 2 friendlies) but looking forward to good holiday. Mayflower. Restaurant in town is very good and wide choice of menu.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I state in kusadasi about ten years ago. Hotel tuntus I think. Short walk to beach. Had a great time. Get the dolmush (or whatever the buses are called) to the massive water park nearby. It was ace.
Dolmus translates to "stuffed" which is exactly what the minibuses are before they move off, seldom a spare seat or standing room.

Falmerite

Jul 26, 2004
Burgess Hill
Got back from there about 10 days ago and we loved it! People exceptionally friendly. We stayed in an area called Ladies Beach which was nice with lots of good restaurants, although the beach got pretty crowded. The main town was a short Dolmus trip away for lots of bazaars and even a Bar Street!
Ephasus and Pamukallee are good trips although the latter is a long way, also take a boat trip out to see the sunset, only £2.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Cheers you lovely people.
All booked up for 12 nights in September.
We can't wait.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Cheers you lovely people.
All booked up for 12 nights in September.
We can't wait.

Good time to go.... a little less crowded and a little cooler

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports