Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Transport today

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
With extra games next season….got to do something better for all transport next season. Whether it’s free or not.

Being sandwiched onto the train, with homophobic Southampton fans constantly enquiring about if our boyfriends knew we were here …and with two mins before kick off - not fun. (They seemed to think they were completely original and we’d all be splitting our sides with their “banter”.)

However, Brighton Station was poorly organised. An hour of queuing half way down Queens Road. This seems to be a constant battle on Sundays and evenings.

After the game I thought I’d try the bus. Came along 10 minutes after schedule and was already full so sailed past.

Presumably we’ll play less Saturday 3pms next season and will need to depend even more on Sunday and evening transport options.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The 12:58 Eastbourne service pulled onto platform 4 for some unknown reason. They had to shepherd the fans queuing for platforms 7 and 8 left past crowds of daytrippers being held back by BTP.

One of the BTP unhelpfully barked, ‘hurry up’ to the peaceable Albion fans.

I had to laugh when I heard an outraged Karen complain that she was an ‘ordinary person going about her daily business’ being held back for football scum. :lol:

Thrasher

Mar 18, 2018
On the Boundary
Did the temp Park and Ride from Hove EDF. Worked perfectly for me, home about an hour earlier than normal. Would love it to be used regularly. Could there be other medium sized sites that could be used for multiple Park and Ride dotted around.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Ah so that happened again when the 13:58 arrived before the 13:47. And it was like Mike Reid’s Runaround moving everyone to the correct platform.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
With at least 6 Sunday games next season, not looking forward to it

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
VERY slow getting in from Pyecombe (48 mins) as traffic was horrific. 11-12 minutes to get back, though.

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
Did the temp Park and Ride from Hove EDF. Worked perfectly for me, home about an hour earlier than normal. Would love it to be used regularly. Could there be other medium sized sites that could be used for multiple Park and Ride dotted around.
Was good and worked well for us. Not sure it will be as effective on a Thursday night 8pm kick off due to traffic? Who knows… not tried it yet! Lol

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
I can’t immediately think of many. Close the Goldstone Retail park on match days and bus in? 😮‍💨

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Got to Lewes station at 1.30, straight on a train, time for a pint in the concourse, stayed behind for a couple after the parade and walked straight onto the platform. Not sure it's ever been more straightforward. A big 👍 from me

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Went to the game. Got home eventually. Moaning about transport on the day we qualified for European football is some way down my list of priorities :shrug:
possibly - but thinking now to next season because we’ve qualified…

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Same here, the most unflustered easy journey, very quick both ways and home 1hr earlier than normal

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It will be a shitshow next season. Evening and Sunday trains and no doubt Sussex Police will prioritise foreign ultras over law abiding Brighton fans for train places (whereas over there we’ll get beaten with a stick for drinking a beer).

Sundays may be a little better if the awful unions who are seeking to ruin people’s social lives can finally agree with the worst government this country has ever seen. So don’t hold out any hope.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Southern will try and blame the points failure but reality is they didn’t run the full match day service. That screwed everything up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here