Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

transport levy

overlord

Apr 3, 2007
as a train driver i get free travel on the railways,so i do not really want to pay the £30 charge,i always come and go by train, who do you suggest i contact, or do you think i am being picky and should just pay it and be done,

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
who do you suggest i contact, or do you think i am being picky and should just pay it and be done,
I'm sure there are plenty of people that won't be catching the train. I don't think any of them get a refund, it's a choice made by the club, so that the club are paying for the travel, even if you personally don't use it.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
as a train driver i get free travel on the railways,so i do not really want to pay the £30 charge,i always come and go by train, who do you suggest i contact, or do you think i am being picky and should just pay it and be done,

You're being picky IMO :)

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!

Personally I don't particularly want to pay it as I live in Coldean so it's a 20 minute walk away. And even when I do get the bus I have a monthly saver ticket. However I do feel we will be fighting and losing battle even if we have a moan up about it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
oh good another thread on this, I suggest you contact Beach Hut who is sueing the club, dispite the fact that I subsidies his children's seat in the Amex.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
with the wages you lot get just pay it and stop doodling graffiti in the drivers cab , or else ile loosen all the screws in your cup holders :lolol:

As a train driver you benefit from the income that your employer gets from the Albion and the supporters. I suggest you take a look at the bigger picture.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The thing about adding this payment to everyones season ticket is that some will win, and some will lose out, but at about £1 a game, I don't see that too many people are going to struggle to pay it - though I have sympathy if they do. I would suggest (though I could get flamed for it), that if £30 extra over a year is badly damaging your budget, possibly getting an ST in the first place may be questionable - but I'm not going to sit in judgement.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The thing about adding this payment to everyones season ticket is that some will win, and some will lose out, but at about £1 a game, I don't see that too many people are going to struggle to pay it - though I have sympathy if they do. I would suggest (though I could get flamed for it), that if £30 extra over a year is badly damaging your budget, possibly getting an ST in the first place may be questionable - but I'm not going to sit in judgement.

Quite, on DD it will cost me an extra £9 a month for our three ST,

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I used to live within walking distance of Withdean and the transport levy was included in what I had to pay for my season ticket, but I DID NOT MOAN!!!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
£1.30 per game in the Championship, £1.57 in the prem! No big deal is it?

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
The book this year did not include vouchers for cup games to round it up to £30 if ticket prices are to include the transport fee then the transport cost will have increased 30%... Although of course the money could have been lost this year had we not had so many home cup drawers...

I want my £7 back...

:moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I have absolutely no problem paying the £30 as I was one who purchased a book of vouchers this year!

My only slight query is the maths. If say 4000 people purchased vouchers last year that will have raised £120,000 and seemingly met our obligation with the train and bus companies. If now there are 18500 purchasers of the vouchers (automatically added to ticket) won't that raise an additional £435,000? Does this go straight to the train and bus chaps too?

Like I say, not a moan just a question re costs....

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
The book this year did not include vouchers for cup games to round it up to £30 if ticket prices are to include the transport fee then the transport cost will have increased 30%... Although of course the money could have been lost this year had we not had so many home cup drawers...

I want my £7 back...

:moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo:

It included 5 cup vouchers

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
I would suggest the club re-word the using of the travel levy to say that it is to provide a means of payment for the different ways of travelling to and from the ground and not to cover your personel travel, therein making it clear that all supporters are buying an equal share into the travel arrangements they are suppling ie you buy a s/t you pay for travel arrangements. The club has to pay so they will find a way to get the money back one way or another.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I wonder if the OP has complained about his Income Tax or Coucil Tax apying for services he may not use or for funding issues he may not agree with (like wars?).

The Albion are obliged to provide 'sustainable transport', it was all part, probably the main part, in getting the Amex approved and also, hopefully, in increasing the capacity. The sales of vouchers alone could not cover the transport costs but Albion would, somehow.

Maybe they should have just raised the ticket prices to cover these 'costs' and just said that transport would be for free?

I have absolutely no problem paying the £30 as I was one who purchased a book of vouchers this year!

My only slight query is the maths. If say 4000 people purchased vouchers last year that will have raised £120,000 and seemingly met our obligation with the train and bus companies. If now there are 18500 purchasers of the vouchers (automatically added to ticket) won't that raise an additional £435,000? Does this go straight to the train and bus chaps too?

Like I say, not a moan just a question re costs....
That's not anywhere near enough to meet the costs that I've heard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here