Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfers picking up pace (Not Brighton related)

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
A few fairly interesting championship deals in the offing according to Sky :-

Snodgrass to Norwich
Chris Gunter to Reading
Hull signing a german striker
Burnley have a couple of Latvians on trial
Kalifa Cisse on trial at Bolton
Steven N'Zonzi chased by Sunderland
Kenny Miller off to the MLS
Simon Cox talking to Blackburn
Gabbidon leaving QPR.

Lots of good players on the move, shows the strength of this league.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I had always thought in my subconcious Gus was going to land S.Cox I know he was interested

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
A few fairly interesting championship deals in the offing according to Sky :-

Snodgrass to Norwich
Chris Gunter to Reading
Hull signing a german striker
Burnley have a couple of Latvians on trial
Kalifa Cisse on trial at Bolton
Steven N'Zonzi chased by Sunderland
Kenny Miller off to the MLS
Simon Cox talking to Blackburn
Gabbidon leaving QPR.

Lots of good players on the move, shows the strength of this league.

Except, Norwich, Reading,Sunderland QPR & some MLS team are not in this league.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Simon Cox will score 20 goals this season for whoever he signs for. It would be a big mistake by us not to show any interest in him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gabbidon hasn't been a good player for several years now, his best days are way past him.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
cms '12/13
You don't need a prolific striker to get promoted,look at reading???
How many clubs have a 20 goal striker in this league seriously,our strikers done bloody well last season feeding off scraps and being isolated.

Strikers are not required as we have quality,let's get a beast of a midfielder and bang you will see our strikers score goals.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Simon Cox will score 20 goals this season for whoever he signs for. It would be a big mistake by us not to show any interest in him.

We've been linked so many times now. I'd assume we've kepttabs / enquired at least once?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
CMS has a far better scoring record than cox so that's floored.

Flawed.

And, no. It isn't. Cox scored a few in the Championship for West Brom, and a few in the Premier League (one quality goal against Tottenham for those of us who pay attention) for them too so he does have more pedigree in the higher leagues. Obviously he scored more for Peterborough than Cox did for Swindon, but that's not to say his scoring record for them wasn't fantastic. He got a lot out of Billy Paynter too, which takes some doing.

We've been linked so many times now. I'd assume we've kepttabs / enquired at least once?

I would hope we've had a go at getting him. Cox 31 would be guaranteed to go on my shirt for this season, quality striker and better than we have at the moment.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Flawed.

And, no. It isn't. Cox scored a few in the Championship for West Brom, and a few in the Premier League (one quality goal against Tottenham for those of us who pay attention) for them too so he does have more pedigree in the higher leagues. Obviously he scored more for Peterborough than Cox did for Swindon, but that's not to say his scoring record for them wasn't fantastic. He got a lot out of Billy Paynter too, which takes some doing.

I would hope we've had a go at getting him. Cox 31 would be guaranteed to go on my shirt for this season, quality striker and better than we have at the moment.
Flawed oooooops
So you think 10 goals in 65 appearances for westbrom is good then?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Snodgrass to Norwich.

Come on Crofts..... hes so far down the pecking order, must be gagging to get back here.

Crofts and Cox....business done :)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Crofts is on his way to Leeds isn't he?

Akos Buszaky talking to Notts Forest - good signing for whoever gets him

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Flawed oooooops
So you think 10 goals in 65 appearances for westbrom is good then?

I think it is a very misleading statistic. Minutes played would make for interesting reading, but you won't post that because it doesn't support your argument.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Simon Cox managed to get a shot on target against Spain in the Euros. That's worth 3 goals.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I think it is a very misleading statistic. Minutes played would make for interesting reading, but you won't post that because it doesn't support your argument.
What's misleading about that? he scored 10 goals and that includes league cup goals against tin pot sides,also he played in nearly 40 championship games.

Maybe 7 league goals in 65 appearances ???
Fact is he wasn't very good in the championship for west brom either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here