Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Transferring a ticket for print at home

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We just transferred Mrs T's Leicester ticket to my brother. Easy peasy. However to print the ticket at home (little bro has no smart phone) we had to pay an extra £2.50. There is no way of arranging this online. Instead we got a message to phone the ticket office. Twenty minutes later we have paid £2.50 by verbal transaction. Now we will get the ticket sent by email.

Seems a bit of a waste of time. The amount of salary time spent in the office managing this will be more than the £2.50 charged. Why not simply email the ticket if that option is selected?

Oh well....

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Has it changed from last season?

Last season when transferring a ticket via the official method you'd be sent an email to forward onto the person who was going in your place. This would contain a pdf of the match ticket to print at home and links to download to the phone as well, so you had the choice. Has this changed now as we need to transfer my Dad's ticket for an upcoming game to one of my kids and would be nice to know what to expect so I can talk him through the process.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Last season when transferring a ticket via the official method you'd be sent an email to forward onto the person who was going in your place. This would contain a pdf of the match ticket to print at home and links to download to the phone as well, so you had the choice. Has this changed now as we need to transfer my Dad's ticket for an upcoming game to one of my kids and would be nice to know what to expect so I can talk him through the process.

I don't know. My brother doesn't have a smart phone which is why we printed. Last year we were sent the ticket to print. This year we had to do as described.

Best of luck - I'd do the necessary a day earlier to be safe. Only the possibility of an extra couple of quid but the faff can be irksome if you or the missus don't have half an hour spare...:thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Yep - have shared (properly) a ticket for Sunday and the print at home ticket is no longer attached to the email (or even mentioned). Links to upload to apple/google wallet only. Presumably a further attempt to close sharing loopholes (can't believe there was any material cost to the club to include the pdf ticket).

el punal

We just transferred Mrs T's Leicester ticket to my brother. Easy peasy. However to print the ticket at home (little bro has no smart phone) we had to pay an extra £2.50. There is no way of arranging this online. Instead we got a message to phone the ticket office. Twenty minutes later we have paid £2.50 by verbal transaction. Now we will get the ticket sent by email.

Seems a bit of a waste of time. The amount of salary time spent in the office managing this will be more than the £2.50 charged. Why not simply email the ticket if that option is selected?

Oh well....

I’m really surprised at the club’s lack of foresight. Surely it’s about time they had a turnstile in operation for cash only, with the notice ‘Please have the correct money available’. Just think of all those 50p/20p/10p coins swilling around! :drink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m really surprised at the club’s lack of foresight. Surely it’s about time they had a turnstile in operation for cash only, with the notice ‘Please have the correct money available’. Just think of all those 50p/20p/10p coins swilling around! :drink:

I'd be balls-deep into that :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep - have shared (properly) a ticket for Sunday and the print at home ticket is no longer attached to the email (or even mentioned). Links to upload to apple/google wallet only. Presumably a further attempt to close sharing loopholes (can't believe there was any material cost to the club to include the pdf ticket).

But you can get a printable ticket if you phone up, and piss about for 20 minutes to pay £2.50 by credit card.

That said if it means I can get two people into the stadium on one ticket, that's 20 minutes and £2.50 well spent.

:facepalm:

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Its now assumed that EVERYONE has a smart phone with 54 apps on and no one can exist if they don't

But is actually possible to exist without one and some people actually do - but they then get excluded from all sorts such as:

- best savings accounts
- supermarket app based loyalty schemes - vouchers on phones such as Waitrose and Morrisons
- football tickets that don't cost £2.50 extra

And all sorts of other items now deemed as "essential" by society

And its all their fault as they don't comply and get themselves a smart phone

As to whether above is acceptable it seems that society no longer cares ... such is the modern world

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Its now assumed that EVERYONE has a smart phone with 54 apps on and no one can exist if they don't

But is actually possible to exist without one and some people actually do - but they then get excluded from all sorts such as:

- best savings accounts
- supermarket app based loyalty schemes - vouchers on phones such as Waitrose and Morrisons
- football tickets that don't cost £2.50 extra

And all sorts of other items now deemed as "essential" by society

And its all their fault as they don't comply and get themselves a smart phone

As to whether above is acceptable it seems that society no longer cares ... such is the modern world

The Loop smart meter app that's being discussed on the energy saving thread - I can't get that on my laptop.
Logging into e-bay is now a nightmare - as I can only get authentication texts, they no longer send verification codes by email.
And so on....

However, my elderly neighbour doesn't suffer from any of this. As she hasn't got a computer and has never used the internet - she doesn't know she can have all these things, so isn't missing out on what she doesn't know about. And at Barrow, it's still PoTG. Hurrah!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here