Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Transfer window.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I think we will get a 60m striker who will score 20 goals in the remaining part of the season. He (or she) will fall in love with us and never leave.
Really? I am hearing that several agents have already been knocked back on such a deal. Word is the Chairman is not bovvered.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'd be suprised if Bob the Z doesn't have a few players in mind from Ukraine or Italy

poss one or two out

no doubt a few loans

and a Strik . . .nah, only kidding.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I don't think we will sign any first team players if RDZ feels Gilmour and possibly Alzate can cover the loss of Mwepu. I suspect he was told during his interviews that the club believe in their process, back their recruitment, and feel we have enough to finish top half this season..that he'll be backed in the Summer but that this season he's to just work with what he has. No evidence for this, just don't think it's Blooms style to ruffle the nest too much.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
CB / CM / CF all possible I think, but probably more likely to be "any of these positions" than "all of these positions".

Probably a "one in, one out" policy as the depth is good, but the quality of depth could be better.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
CB / CM / CF all possible I think, but probably more likely to be "any of these positions" than "all of these positions".

Probably a "one in, one out" policy as the depth is good, but the quality of depth could be better.
I agree with this, although I think we will try to replace Mwepu so it could be 2 in 1 out. Moder is also back training but I have no idea when he would be match fit/ready.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

I’ll add LB also as we need cover for Estupinian. I know we’ve tried Lamptey there recently, but ideally we’d have a promising young player coming through.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
My prediction is there will be much harrumphing on the socials when the club announce a signing and it turns out to be for the women’s or development teams

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’ll add LB also as we need cover for Estupinian. I know we’ve tried Lamptey there recently, but ideally we’d have a promising young player coming through.
With Buonanotte (who I think could see first team football straight away) coming in, I think it would be less costly to move March there when needed. Don't think we'll see a new LWB.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I think there will more emphasis on working hard to retain what we already have. Tross, Mac, Caicedo, Mitoma are surely on the radar of more affluent clubs.
Agree, Mitoma especially has only just become one of the starting XI, also Caicedo only regularly started end of last season. Need to keep all four of the players mentioned.

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
Such a well run club. The envy of all mid-smaller sized clubs in the UK.

What happened to the Polish boys you bought, neither any good?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think we will get a 60m striker who will score 20 goals in the remaining part of the season. He (or she) will fall in love with us and never leave.
And then all the elves and pixies gathered to celebrate for ever more

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Such a well run club. The envy of all mid-smaller sized clubs in the UK.

What happened to the Polish boys you bought, neither any good?
Jakub Moder is injured (ACL) and will be out for another couple of months but was a starter before that.

Karbownik is doing very well in the German second division but probably a fair bit from PL standard and likely to get shipped in the summer.

Koswloski is playing with Vitesse on loan and doing very well over there and could perhaps be part of the squad next year though another loan somewhere seems equally likely.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I would love the club to ask Chelsea how much they want for Colwill and just pay it. Yes we would have to smash our transfer record but he is a class act and could be at the centre of our defence for years. Dunk is getting older, Webster is not the most reliable in terms of injuries and Colwill already knows how we like to play. We won’t find better even in the summer.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Hopefully little movement in or out. Maybe if Chelsea offer £300m for Caicedo, we could think about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here