Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Transfer Deadline Day

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Are we the bloke dashing down the local Esso just before closing on Christmas Eve desperate for a pressie for the missus, or have we thought "**** it - I can't be arsed any more" and have flaked out on the sofa with a crate of Stella?

And thus guaranteeing no leg over the Christmas table, or in footballing terms no leg up the table.:nono:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
He just tweeted that he believes that's it for ins.Might still be a couple out. I thought we'd definitely add at least one option up front, but to have one LESS is f***ing lunacy.

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorBHAFC/status/1432748451297640449?s=19

Yay, looks like another season ...

Water-Fitness-Egg-Beater-Kick.gif

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Dire nature, really?
Would it be nice to have brand new forward to chip in with 15 a season, yes. Will I be cursing the club or Dan Ashworth// Paul Barber/ Tony Bloom and questioning their abilities if one doesn’t sign - no.
We are stronger than this time last season, the future is positive new forward or not

I am doing no such thing re: the staff of the club. I am suggesting they've made a terrible piece of business should we not have a striker lined up ready to announce. They've made terrible business before. They're human.

So far, this looks very worrying and entirely avoidable. Everyone and his dog, from the media, the OPTA analysts down to fans of this and other clubs can see we need a striker. Ideally two.

Instead, we have two less than we had, after losing Zeqiri and Andone. Three if you include Sima.

Last edited:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If we were after Gonzalez and then Nunez, to clear out Zeqiri and buy in an unproven prospect who we then move out to Stoke on loan, shows that we’ve failed on the striker front. Other signings have been decent and retaining Bissouma is great news. I’d give the total transfer window a score of 5/10 but much of that score is retaining Bissouma.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
It's not a disaster if we don't sign a striker, but in the round five PL seasons which include the write-offs of Andone and Locadia, the change of Muzza from first team to squad to first team, the weight of goal scoring on the shoulders of a young Championship striker in Maupay....we have been skating on the kind of ice that sits just above the relegation water line and we have done so in part because we have not been successful in recruiting the right strikers.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I am doing no such thing re: the staff of the club. I am suggesting they've made a terrible piece of business should we not have a striker lined up ready to announce. They've made terrible business before. They're human.

So far, this looks very worrying and entirely avoidable. Everyone and his dog, from the media, the OPTA analysts down to fans of this and other clubs can see we need a striker. Ideally two.

Instead, we have two less than we had, after losing Zeqiri and Maupay. Three if you include Sima.

We've retained Maupay. Or have I missed something?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I’m not looking too deeply into this transfer window, but you would expect a bit more in terms of forward signings especially with the 50m for white. It’s not as if we have an u23 Goalscorer pushing for a 1st team start.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Instead, we have two less than we had, after losing Zeqiri and Andone. Three if you include Sima.
Maupay's gone? Blimey, that went under the radar.

..... as did that desperate, panic stricken, last minute edit!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Have we lost Maupay then!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
That must be it now. If we were doing anything else then some details would have leaked from somewhere, even if it was just a rumour

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why couldn't we have waited until January to send Andone or Zeqiri or Sima out on loan ?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
How do you think Connolly's motivational coach will break the news to him?
A) great news, there's less competition for your position
B) keep changing your hair colour, your ability to miss sitters will continue to be broadcast on live TV this season

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Crazy…..
It seems Madrid we’re willing to pay PSG €220 million for Mbappe, but the French side didn’t get back to them.
€220 million for a player they can get for nothing in January. How on earth can that be correct?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
How do you think Connolly's motivational coach will break the news to him?
A) great news, there's less competition for your position
B) keep changing your hair colour, your ability to miss sitters will continue to be broadcast on live TV this season

C) club and manager has confidence in you so relax and stroke the ball in the net rather than hammer it through it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here