Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Makes sense - we've got loads of midfielders and it would make sense to sell / loan one or two (which ones, I'll leave to others to decide!), and we've only got 3 CBs - I think we need a fourth for cover for injuries / suspensions.
We have fourth CB for cover - Maksimenko is a CB.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I would be very surprised if we signed anyone tomorrow unless one or two key players leave. We don't have any need for players in squad terms except for possibly a centre back but even there we have options of Calde, Ince and Maksimenko for fourth choice.

However, I could easily be proved wrong as I've been very impressed with our progress in terms of signings this window and buying players that fit in to Hyypia's style. Whatever happens tomorrow, it will be good to see the transfer window close and Hyypia get two weeks to work with the squad he has (barring international players) before another busy few weeks with 7 games in 22 days again!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Exactly........we need cover.

agree,somebody on here nearly convinced me otherwise,but i still feel perhaps this is the weak link in the side,that said the loan market is available,so perhaps we could save the funds for now,i just think there might be a shock exit and surprise coming in.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Assuming the Greer's (playing for Scotland?) luck with staying fit ended and coincided with a injury to Hughes and Suspension to Dunk,we would be in a tricky position.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
@soccer_sauce: Hearing that Brighton have made an enquiry for Aberdeen forward Niall McGinn #BHAFC
Double shrug

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Hoping for CMS out (love the guy but he just ain't good enough) and a 'statement of intent' striker in.

I think I will be disappointed.

Exactly this, but hoping not to be disappointed.

I'd also like it if CMS went back to Peterborough. He'd bang goals in there in that division again and he of all players deserves to be loved, which he will be back at his spiritual home.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don't really expect any activity but I'll be checking NSC all day in anticipation of something happening. Here are some complete stabs in the dark.

Possible loans in:
None

Possible loans out:
Maxi
Walton
Harris
Rea
Muit
Cole
Hunt
Toko
Agustien

Possible Transfers out:
March - Southampton (Big money)
CMS - Leeds/Norwich (Or he needs to sign another long term contract with us)
Lua Lua - Southampton?

Possible Tranfers in:
3rd choice RB
4th choice CB if Maxi leaves
Striker if CMS disappears
Winger/AM if March vanishes

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Can't see anyone coming in to be honest - possibly Toko, Maxi, Agustien, and O'Grady out on loan, but that's as much as I would expect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here