Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day - Is there a Surprise in Store?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Andy Naylor is no more itk than any other journalist. I imagine he emailed the club who gave him just enough info for a tweet but nothing more. Why would the club indicate any information that may effect their position of negotiation in a negative way.

Because he asks the club?

[tweet]826387775494746112[/tweet]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Couple of non-Albion points of interest:

Matty Taylor moves from Gas to Shithead - the first player to do that in 30 years.
If Scott Hogan chooses Villa he's completely insane (except for the huge mountains of cash obviously)

theboybilly

The evidence in Tomoris case being one FA cup appearance. You cant really base an opinion on that.

Indeed you can't. He had a fairly decent first 45 minutes on Saturday playing alongside lads he'd only met a couple of days before. Tomori is much further along in his career than Hunt having trained and had 1st Team experience with solid Premier League and International players for some time now. Hunt is nowhere near that point (although he looks promising enough) A loan deal to a team a division or two below the Championship would be good for Hunt - in fact essential for getting games under his belt. In the meantime taking a well-regarded Chelsea player is a very astute move in my opinion and he'll probably play more games than we might expect as I don't think Chelsea would want him stagnating on the bench

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Indeed you can't. He had a fairly decent first 45 minutes on Saturday playing alongside lads he'd only met a couple of days before. Tomori is much further along in his career than Hunt having trained and had 1st Team experience with solid Premier League and International players for some time now. Hunt is nowhere near that point (although he looks promising enough) A loan deal to a team a division or two below the Championship would be good for Hunt - in fact essential for getting games under his belt. In the meantime taking a well-regarded Chelsea player is a very astute move in my opinion and he'll probably play more games than we might expect as I don't think Chelsea would want him stagnating on the bench

Yes,and I wouldn't be surprised if the Tomori and Akpom deals are both being done with an eye for a season-long loan next year in the premier league, certainly the Tomori one seems to make sense all around.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Walton recalled apparently so I guess Maenpaa's injury is serious.

Or part of a contingency plan should Stockdale move late on and we need to loan a keeper?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here