Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Transfer Deadline Day drinking thread

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Kids are on school holidays. Took them both swimming this morning, wife has just taken them bowling with a friend, so no problem me getting stuck in. Might take some explaining when they get back and find me hugging the toilet (I'm a bit of a lightweight).
Yes, I'm on duty cooking kids dinner tonight. They'll be lucky....

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
M045335.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Please may I have your recommendations on gins.

I love a G&T or two, but over the years I've only ever drink the unmentionable cheap brands, plus Hendricks and Bombay Sapphire. I realise it's a matter of taste, but welcome views.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Please may I have your recommendations on gins.

I love a G&T or two, but over the years I've only ever drink the unmentionable cheap brands, plus Hendricks and Bombay Sapphire. I realise it's a matter of taste, but welcome views.

I can recommend 'the Original 48" by FoxDenton, assuming you like an aromatic gin. I recall a thread full of Gin wisdom recently

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Three pints of Thatchers, two Sam Smith's India Ales, now on the Heineken. Might need wine later though....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Absolutely ridiculous that I'm feeling this nervous just travelling home. Gin in a tin definitely calling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Just broken out a St Emilion at the prospect of toasting a move from La Viola to The Albion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am drinking tea from a mug (2017 'The Seagulls' club badge on blue and white background). The tea is from a small metal pot kept warm on my hob, setting 2.5. The bags are four Sainsbury Red, plus one 'Bombay Tea' spiced. This creates a slightly exotic tea (I will give an inappropriate analogy later, but I am a bit busy at the moment). The water is filtered (Brita) to remove the high calcium levls that we endure in Faversham. The tea bags are kept in the water no longer than a minute, then removed, each individually, each squeezed with small stainless steel teabag tongs. This gives maximum flavour without contamination from the higher molecular weight aromatics and tannins present in the leaf.

I am now on the cider.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here