Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Transfer Deadline Day - 1st September 2022

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Yep some people have short memories. Remember how gash Spanish Dave was in his early days. Bissouma looked dodgy. Plenty of others have taken a while.

Players often need time to fit into the team/league, and sometimes the coaches need to work out how to best use the player. We can't really judge him until around Christmas imo.

Yep, it's taken years to figure out how best to use Gross!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
On board on the thrilling "the bloke is probably staying in Bologna" train.

I am going all optimistic on this, Naylor obviously is aware of the "probably staying in Bologna" so why re post that ?
unless...... you know that things are afoot and a talks are on going....

hmmmm in Naylor we trust.

or it is just bollox, and it makes him look in the know, but it is not in the know is it.....

Oh, Oh, I am back on board myself....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I am going all optimistic on this, Naylor obviously is aware of the "probably staying in Bologna" so why re post that ?
unless...... you know that things are afoot and a talks are on going....

hmmmm in Naylor we trust.

or it is just bollox, and it makes him look in the know, but it is not in the know is it.....

Oh, Oh, I am back on board myself....

So if he's saying "the bloke is probably staying in Bologna" it means he is probably coming, and if he says "the bloke is probably coming", it also means he is probably coming?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
£150m of player sales and we are pissing about again trying to get a average striker in on a loan deal :shrug:

Yes beyond belief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Trossard, March and Gross seem to have had the lion's share of our good goalscoring opportunities. /QUOTE]

You're right unfortunately one of them has a banjo

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Ok, not eye watering but still quite a lot for a player who has had literally one good Championship season after several mediocre ones. Maupay went for that sort of money after three seasons scoring 8, 8 and 10 in the Premier league.

He has had more than one good season (BBD)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I agree. He is not worth over £10m so there is a transfer deadline day inflation if he goes for an amount over that.

I disagree. He will and should go for around £15m

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I disagree, we have a fit Welbeck, sure it may not last but much as I liked Neal I'll take a fit Welbeck over a fit Neal and a sick note Welbeck which I think is what we had at this time last year.

We also have Undav who NSC have already consigned to the dustbin

It's all a bit hysterical to me as surely we should now be giving the club the benefit of the doubt on knowing what we need and trust them to know what they're doing?

I say this as one of the worst pant shitters about strikers a few years ago :smile:

I have every faith in the club in all positions except striker

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Obviously Mitrovic on his was out then ....... :facepalm:
:lolol:

Some clubs have more than one viable striker option

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
He’s just signed a new deal at Arsenal and played last night.

Yes, a new contract was signed last June. He came on for the final few minutes to see out the win over Aston Villa last night but is growing frustrated at the lack of starts. He is now 23.

I would think Danny Welbeck has mentioned to Mr. Bloom how good Nketiah is and the media/forums have probably picked up on that. Fulham (not Brentford as mentioned) as well as Palace are the other club interested in a season long loan deal. It would be a win-win situation all round IMO.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So if he's saying "the bloke is probably staying in Bologna" it means he is probably coming, and if he says "the bloke is probably coming", it also means he is probably coming?

KInda, my reading of it is, he is saying he is probably staying, but implying he could be going or coming depends how you wish to read/write it. Basically he is just regurgitating a story and guessing that he is right, however presuming he is right he can say I told you so, if he is wrong.

something like that :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here