Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tram derailed in Croydon

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Still happens. We had a nightmare ride on a 12 a few months ago at 11.0pm and that was just Brighton to Seaford.

It's clear that drivers go as fast as they safely can on the late services, where they are also sadly only too likely to have to deal with disruptive passengers. That's my experience even after about 9 p.m. let alone the last bus.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A Board of Trade Inquiry which didn't find out the whole truth or covered up facts which would have shaken passenger confidence into services run by private train operators?

Sounds almost like the position today. Did you know Major Pringle?
OK, stay with your urban myth. Clearly nothing will shake your belief in a debunked conspiracy theory; it's a characteristic of conspiracy theorists.

And no, surprisingly enough I do not personally know anyone involved, including Major Pringle (good entry for silly question of the year, though). The Railway Inspectors were all highly respected and fiercely independent, and one thing they did not do - often to the great annoyance of the railway companies back in the day - was cover ups.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
OK, stay with your urban myth. Clearly nothing will shake your belief in a debunked conspiracy theory; it's a characteristic of conspiracy theorists.

And no, surprisingly enough I do not personally know anyone involved, including Major Pringle (good entry for silly question of the year, though). The Railway Inspectors were all highly respected and fiercely independent, and one thing they did not do - often to the great annoyance of the railway companies back in the day - was cover ups.

And therefore Board of Trade inquiries into sea disasters like the "Titanic" are under your "Captain Sensible" attitude entirely a different matter. We all know now that the B of T inquiry into the Titanic was a whitewash job on the "White Star" management and Bruce Ismay, and that the captain of another merchant ship the "California" was forever blighted by insinuations at the Inquiry that he did not change course to help.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
At this stage I guess they're not going to say "driver-error" if indeed it was due to the ongoing criminal investigation. I'm sure the families of those affected as well as users of Tramlink would like to know.

Someone rather better-connected than me has intimidated to me that investigations are going on, looking at mobile-phone records. That would be almost mandatory these days though given what has happened recently on motorways.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Rather than whipping their mobile phone out and filming a 'sleeping' driver you would have thought they would have tried to wake him up or pulled the communication cord to stop the tram!
Yes, exactly what I said. Who'd want to be driven by that driver anywhere?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here