Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Trains tonight

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The Bishops Avenue?
Lol. 2 roads from there yes. Used to see Harry kane and the French spurs goalie quite a bit in The hood.
[/QUOTE]

In the Invincibles team, didn’t a few Arse players live around there? The foreigners, not the Brits who bought mock Tudor mansions in Herts.
[/QUOTE]
I think so. It's a bit of a soulless road tbh and a lot of the mansions are left empty .the nicest houses in hamsptead are in and next to the park nearer the centre of hamsptead. I only moved to this area a year ago but a bit bored and think I will move closer to central London again in the next few years.

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
Stopped behind for a pint then cycled back to Portslade, back at 11pm.

Felt really good in the final stages of the match knowing I want going to have to deal with all this shite.
Same. After the AEK game there was no way I was trying for the trains/buses again. Thought even if it was raining then I'd be getting as wet cycling as I would queuing. I know not everyone can cycle home but if you live in town then it's surely the best way to get to/from the game if you are able

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I left about 2 mins after final whistle. Was on train to Lewes after about 20 mins.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lol. 2 roads from there yes. Used to see Harry kane and the French spurs goalie quite a bit in The hood.

In the Invincibles team, didn’t a few Arse players live around there? The foreigners, not the Brits who bought mock Tudor mansions in Herts.
[/QUOTE]
I think so. It's a bit of a soulless road tbh and a lot of the mansions are left empty .the nicest houses in hamsptead are in and next to the park nearer the centre of hamsptead. I only moved to this area a year ago but a bit bored and think I will move closer to central London again in the next few years.
[/QUOTE]

I’ve visited the nice area and a popular gastro pub on a corner.

I know what you mean … huge interwar mansions, some have 24-7 security guards.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Same. After the AEK game there was no way I was trying for the trains/buses again. Thought even if it was raining then I'd be getting as wet cycling as I would queuing. I know not everyone can cycle home but if you live in town then it's surely the best way to get to/from the game if you are able

After the AEK buses/monsoon debacle, last night we left on 85 and Mill Road was quick for us. Made the difference in getting home an hour earlier.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
[/QUOTE]

I’ve visited the nice area and a popular gastro pub on a corner.

I know what you mean … huge interwar mansions, some have 24-7 security guards.
[/QUOTE]
Yep theres probably 4 private security cars constantly on that road. Must be one hell of a boring job.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Can't endorse North West Sussex Seagulls enough either.
Back in the field of the cows just after 11.00pm.

Obviously coach is the way to go.
Do the coaches get straight out or have to queue with cars?

Might have to try this for Marseilles

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
45 minute wait in the queue which was made more frustrating by loads of people pushing in ahead which the stewards did absolutely nothing about.
Trains from Brighton to London then cancelled and delayed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Left on 88 and started queuing for trains to Brighton at 9.50. Eventually got on a train at 10.35, which got to Brighton about 10.50. So a full hour to get from Falmer-Brighton, mainly due (as mentioned) to the poxy little 4 carriage jobbies pulling in. Pathetic.

The west coast 'service' looked like the usual clownshow, so I minced along to CS and got a 700. Home by 11.30. It definitely takes the edge off a great night, but at least I caught up on a few podcasts.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone else in the Brighton train queue who would have got the 22.29 (delayed to 22.33) or 22.36 remember a bloke in a yellow rain jacket walking past up the ramp and yelling 'Brighton Wankers' at the people queuing - in a Southern English accent and walking with someone in a blue and white bar scarf.

On a night of strange events that was, by some distance, the oddest.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Left on 88 and started queuing for trains to Brighton at 9.50. Eventually got on a train at 10.35, which got to Brighton about 10.50. So a full hour to get from Falmer-Brighton, mainly due (as mentioned) to the poxy little 4 carriage jobbies pulling in. Pathetic.
That explains why the queue was moving slowly.

I was on one of the trains with eight carriages, but the fact that there were four carriage trains running too is ridiculous.

Oct 3, 2023
Can't endorse North West Sussex Seagulls enough either.
Back in the field of the cows just after 11.00pm.

Obviously coach is the way to go.
The evening matches are a shit show for travel, weekends better . Tempted going forward to look at coach as so frustrating at evening games as they tend to run the shorter carriage format trains and getting back West to Angmering is a nightmare. Queue was a shocker at Falmer last night.
Coach at £22 per person is a tad pricey plus it’s beer out of plastic cup at ground rather than pub. But home before midnight would be nice

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Going east it was pretty much the best post game service that I can remember
Yeah, it was bizarre. They were all going in one direction! I think we saw four going East before a Brighton one came.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I suspect a large part of the issue was at around half seven all the lines through Gatwick were shut for a trespasser (probably unnoticed by almost everyone going to the game as we'd all have been much nearer / at the ground by that time, and this was still impacting everything later on

But as others have said, no reason why the trains should be short formed. It wouldn't require any extra staff so far as I am aware.
The trains weren't short formed, they are scheduled to run as 3 or 4 carriages, they just aren't strengthened its a massive problem, and it isn't very good. But there aren't anymore carriages available midweek, that's the truth of the matter sadly. With rush hour services having to operate midweek, and no engineering work displacing stock, its going to be the case until June 2024 at the earliest, when I believe there will be more stock. To make the trains longer post match will require additional staff as the trains will need to do attach / detach procedures.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yeah, it was bizarre. They were all going in one direction! I think we saw four going East before a Brighton one came.
I was fully expecting this as the first train to Brighton after the match only came after I had walked past the ambulance station on the way to Coldean Lane -remember thinking at the time that it would be so frustrating for those in the queue -and then it only had 4 coaches!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here