Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trains for the QPR match

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Trains Looking OK

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/servi...ndResponseId=4&isOutboundJourneySelected=true

An extra train is planned to leave at 7:00 pm from Brighton to Falmer. I think this is what is called Matchday Service.

I have never been able to get on this train but it reduces the queues for the next train which usually leaves at 7:25 pm.

The West Coastway train is scheduled to arrive at Brighton at 6:51 but because it is very crowded it and gets to Brighton after seven by the time the crowds have got to the station concourse.

Trains planned for Brighton to Falmer:
http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/Brighton/FMR/today/1900/dep

This is as expected.

Last edited:

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
with one of many that has to get from London for a matchday.

I too cannot leave before 5.30 and have a 10 minute walk to London Bridge, Friday I got the train via HH and arrived at BTN at 6.45 and arrived into my North Stand seat 5 minutes into the game.

Its great the club saying arrive early but sometimes it is just not possible.

I may look at going via Lewes tonight as some on here has recommended

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
with one of many that has to get from London for a matchday.

I too cannot leave before 5.30 and have a 10 minute walk to London Bridge, Friday I got the train via HH and arrived at BTN at 6.45 and arrived into my North Stand seat 5 minutes into the game.

Its great the club saying arrive early but sometimes it is just not possible.

I may look at going via Lewes tonight as some on here has recommended

I always go to Lewes from London Bridge, and 90% of the time get on the first train that arrives at Lewes to take me to Falmer. Far easy and quicker than going via Brighton IMO. Although judging by your leaving time I dont think the trains fall kindly for you. I tend to leave St Pauls around 5 to get the 17:22 which has yet to let me down.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I always go to Lewes from London Bridge, and 90% of the time get on the first train that arrives at Lewes to take me to Falmer. Far easy and quicker than going via Brighton IMO. Although judging by your leaving time I dont think the trains fall kindly for you. I tend to leave St Pauls around 5 to get the 17:22 which has yet to let me down.

Just cleared it with the boss and I can leave to get the 5.22 to Eastbourne so I will be at Lewes by about 6.30 I reckon.

cheers for the heads up

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Has Perseus got to the stadium yet ?

Left as six as last Friday and got to Brighton at 6:30 instead of 7:10. Left Brighton at 7:10 instead of 8.10pm.

I got home an hour earlier as well.
Absolutely packed solid all five journeys though.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Left as six as last Friday and got to Brighton at 6:30 instead of 7:10. Left Brighton at 7:10 instead of 8.10pm.

I got home an hour earlier as well.
Absolutely packed solid all five journeys though.

I don't know if many got to Brighton station and then hot footed to Churchill Square or elsewhere to get a bus, but last night 4 No.25 and 1 50U buses went past me with signs on saying 'sorry full up'. I always use Lewes Rd P & R for non Saturday games and catch a 23/25/50 bus and that has never happened before, even when we've had full or close to full attendances. I ended up walking to another bus stop where limited stop services also stop and got on a 25X.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Out of interest do lots of you take time off / leave work early or do you all finish at a time / work near enough to make it easy to get to the match on time?

Left work 10 mins early from Ford. Caught the 1720 from Angmering to Brighton, got to Falmer 1815...better to be safe than sorry....I don't mind getting there early tbh...by the time I've had something to eat and drink, bimble into the ground and watch the teams warm up....no pressure that way...

Good effort from my buddy who left Geneva at 1700 local time and made it to the game at 1920....

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Left Runcorn at 15:18 and got to stadium at 18:30

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Got the 1759 Eastbourne train from Three Bridges. Quick change at Lewes and was at Falmer for 1835.

So time for a quick couple of pints at The Swan.

Could be the way forward for future evening games :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here