Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trains for the Burnley game on Saturday

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Due to Industrial action, there will be disruption to the train service with only two trains running every hour into Falmer this Saturday, as we face Burnley, kick off 3pm.

Engineering work are also taking place between Brighton and Littlehampton, closing various lines. A limited bus service will replace trains between Brighton and Littlehampton.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
I don’t get this. The travel planner from National Rail shows four trains an hour going each way through Falmer, and it says it’s accurate including allowances for overtime ban. The only things not running are the Lewes to Brighton shuttles.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Due to Industrial action, there will be disruption to the train service with only two trains running every hour into Falmer this Saturday, as we face Burnley, kick off 3pm.

Engineering work are also taking place between Brighton and Littlehampton, closing various lines. A limited bus service will replace trains between Brighton and Littlehampton.

There are 4 trains an hour running to Falmer this Saturday, xx11 and xx41 to Seaford. xx01 and xx31 to Eastbourne, all 8 carriages.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
There are 4 trains an hour running to Falmer this Saturday, xx11 and xx41 to Seaford. xx01 and xx31 to Eastbourne, all 8 carriages.
There are 2 trains an hour showing from Eastbourne/ Polegate, not 4.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Great picture of ground looking towards Lewes. County Hall in middle and Lewes Golf Course with Clubhouse top right above chalk Cliffs.

1701964959184.png

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Thanks. I can get to Eastbourne Ok but the planner then shows nothing on to Hastings, so car it is. The last connection to Hastings leaves Lewes about 4.30, so I could go at half time . . .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe you should tell the club as that is copied and pasted from the official page? They can correct it.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Thanks. I can get to Eastbourne Ok but the planner then shows nothing on to Hastings, so car it is. The last connection to Hastings leaves Lewes about 4.30, so I could go at half time . . .
Correct, its a rubbish service beyond the Brighton to Eastbourne section but its what they've gone with in the end. This isn't actually a strike either this is an overtime ban, so this is on Southern really.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Getting really fed up with these striking train gadgies sodding around with matchday travel.
Reckon the pubs around the station would agree with you.

Was in the Albert yesterday afternoon and it was dead so had a wonder up to the Evening Star for a couple. Aside from a few Brentford fans that was also dead. So walked back down to the Albert an hour or so later expecting it to be full of at least the post work crowd....nope still dead. Bell and Grand Central also looked empty. Hardly anyone in the Nelson as I walked down the hill to the bus.

Albert had to pay for doorstaff as well.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Correct, its a rubbish service beyond the Brighton to Eastbourne section but its what they've gone with in the end. This isn't actually a strike either this is an overtime ban, so this is on Southern really.
How is this ‘on Southern’? It’s industrial action by ASLEF.

I hope the staff and players appreciate why the Amex was a quarter empty last night and could well be again on Saturday? It’s not them, it’s these f***ing greedy train drivers.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
How is this ‘on Southern’? It’s industrial action by ASLEF.

I hope the staff and players appreciate why the Amex was a quarter empty last night and could well be again on Saturday? It’s not them, it’s these f***ing greedy train drivers.
Because every other operator is running a normal service, as they have enough drivers to cover a base service without overtime. I don't disagree that the drivers have contributed massively to this one, but you have to ask the question why other operators are running a full service (for example Southeastern).

Last edited:

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
If there are four eight carriage trains an hour going through Falmer it’d be better than the usual service with short trains. Is that “insider” information or can anyone find out how many carriages will be put on? It’d really help planning my departure from the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here