Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains for Sunday

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When we played Arsenal in 2013, there were no trains between London & Brighton, with replacement buses half the way. I told the club this weeks in advance but they only made any kind of announcement about 2 days in advance. The cynic in me wonders whether bad transport news will get buried for as long as possible lest it put people off buying tickets, but it may simply be poor communication.

As for this Sunday - I've bumped Southern's reply to Bladders up there to the BHAFC Transport Twitter to see if they can confirm (or are aware) that Southern are saying that there's no extra services. Will see what the response is...

Good work! Utterly disgraceful though that it should be left up to individual fans to try and hassle some kind of meaningful information out of these freaks 48 hours before kick-off.

Time to overload PB with moans and get him to Kick-Ass?

46be22132a80446a3d658f8770f67a4d.jpg

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Everyone coming from the East except Seaford will have to get off and wait at Lewes including those who live in Lewes with just 2 trains an hour to get them to the game.

Half empty stadium then come kick off. :facepalm:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've directly asked the Transport Manager on twitter as well. No reply. Paul Barber would've sent me a 2 page email by now.

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
Everyone coming from the East except Seaford will have to get off and wait at Lewes including those who live in Lewes with just 2 trains an hour to get them to the game.

Half empty stadium then come kick off. :facepalm:
What a stinking piss poor service,the Albion and the fans are getting royally shafted by this bunch of morons

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just got a tweet back from Southern:

Additional carriages to those services & additional services from Brighton to Lewes services have also been arranged.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Two per hour Coastway West. Two per hour Coastway East unless you go to Lewes and back because - yes - they are actually running a train THROUGH Falmer. Bet they're three car wonders as well.

How on EARTH can we arrange for a 10min shuttle service on Boxing Day for 18,000 people and not arrange extra trains for 30,000 in our biggest game of the season. It's not like there won't be spare rolling stock on a Sunday.

Whoever allowed this should be shot, brought back to life, sacked and shot again.

My guess is that three weeks is too short notice. Still, it seems insane if nothing is done.

Edit: Something has been done.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
The guy running the Southern Twitter is backtracking on it all now - it seems someone's had a word in his ear saying there are extra trains after all...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The guy running the Southern Twitter is backtracking on it all now - it seems someone's had a word in his ear saying there are extra trains after all...

:facepalm:

You'd think the guy they have monitoring their Twitter feed would actually have half a clue what he's talking about.

Jesus.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Aren't the Albion supposed to have a Transport Manager or something? Where's that tw*t when you need him? ???

He's busy on twitter announcing that it will be the best ever train service seen at Falmer, only he forgot to tell anybody other than his followers...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
From a few days ago...

[tweet]557857153885937665[/tweet]

I'd posted the same tweets. They are poorly worded at best. He answers "yes" to an either or question and I don't understand the "being Sunday" wording either. Hence I asked him a straighter question.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Why they're cramming everyone onto Lewes platform then letting the East Coastway train continue and run straight through Falmer is baffling.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He's busy on twitter announcing that it will be the best ever train service seen at Falmer, only he forgot to tell anybody other than his followers...

Ah, right, perhaps one of his half dozen followers could tell him he's a shitferbrains for not sharing it with the other 30,000 people who might express some kind of interest in the transport arrangements for Sunday :facepalm:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As is normal, PB is straight on the case.

What I find odd is that clearly the club has assumed, that we would all assume it is a normal match day service. (to be fair I assumed it would be until today).

Why in summary on the club website under Travel in the Pre-Match Brief they couldn't just state: 'normal match day trains will be in operation' is a little beyond me.

Anyhow, it does appear that all will be well on the rails...

Thank you for your e-mail.

Our detailed pre-match brief for non 1901 members doesn’t go out until around 7pm this evening. As usual, this will be sent out by e-mail to all supporters opted in to our e-mail service. It will include train information. Our current pre-match brief website story, which is an edited form of the e-mail, will also be updated later to include latest travel information.

However, we wouldn’t have highlighted train services as an issue in either bulletin as a normal match day train service will be in operation. This service has coped with a 30,000 crowd previously – and several attendances close to this level since the Amex opened. We have already advised supporters to arrive at the stadium early as we expect all modes of transport to be busy.

Unfortunately, we cannot control Southern Rail’s website or any information they would put out but we’ll certainly alert our transport manager to your comments.

Regards, Paul

Paul Barber
Chief Executive

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
So PB knows whats going on with the trains.....

.......but Southern dont know whats happening with their own trains.

That man is worth his weight in gold

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here