Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trains for Liverpool?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
With the potential train strike for the 1st October any ideas when the unions are going to announce any details on which routes are available?
I believe I saw Tuesday mentioned somewhere but with this expected strike, it's fair to say rail travel from the south coast to Liverpool would surely be impossible

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Avanti West Coast will be heavily affected on this so if it goes ahead getting up from London by train will be near impossible

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
The point of my post was any ideas as to which services are running. West Coast might be running while Southern might not. Just wondered if anyone is in the know. I'll wait for official notification, if not that's £30 down the drain.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
The point of my post was any ideas as to which services are running. West Coast might be running while Southern might not. Just wondered if anyone is in the know. I'll wait for official notification, if not that's £30 down the drain.
You'll be able to get your money back if they don't run

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

It’s an ASLEF strike so will affect these apparently;

Chiltern Railways, Northern and TransPennine Express , Avanti West Coast, CrossCountry, Greater Anglia, Great Western Railway, Hull Trains, LNER, London Overground and Southeastern, and West Midlands Trains.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
It’s an ASLEF strike so will affect these apparently;

Chiltern Railways, Northern and TransPennine Express , Avanti West Coast, CrossCountry, Greater Anglia, Great Western Railway, Hull Trains, LNER, London Overground and Southeastern, and West Midlands Trains.

If that’s the case, East Midlands Railway - St Pancras to Sheffield and then a further EMR service from Sheffield to Liverpool Lime Street

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021

The drivers are striking so going to be almost nothing running on Avanti and certainly nothing running late enough to get you back after the game.

Lewishamseagull

Sep 19, 2022
Does anyone know if any of the away supporters coaches do pick ups in London? Or would there be enough people traveling to Liverpool from London to make it worth chartering a coach?

Jul 7, 2003
Does anyone know if any of the away supporters coaches do pick ups in London? Or would there be enough people traveling to Liverpool from London to make it worth chartering a coach?

Back in the day, Costa Coaches often stopped just off J14 on the M25 to pick up / drop off a regular supporter. Not sure if they would do that these days or if Seagull Travel would.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here