Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains delayed AGAIN

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Feccckkk!! I'm screwed! I won't be able to finish work before 17:00, travel from Canary Wharf to LDN Victoria and then try and get a train down to Brighton, going through Uckfield by the sounds of it!
I might as well sack it off and watch the game on Sky...!! Its going to be as hard to get back to LDN after the game as well!

Same problem for me.

Welcome to watch game at mine on Sky sports in Canada Water :lolol:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If you get yourself South of Balcombe to say Haywards Heath or Burgess Hill, are the trains running anything close to normal from there down to Brighton / Lewes and on to Falmer?

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Fcc are hopefully going to run 3 trains an hour this afternoon/evening from haywards heath all stations to Brighton and return , don't know what southern are doing

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Feccckkk!! I'm screwed! I won't be able to finish work before 17:00, travel from Canary Wharf to LDN Victoria and then try and get a train down to Brighton, going through Uckfield by the sounds of it!
I might as well sack it off and watch the game on Sky...!! Its going to be as hard to get back to LDN after the game as well!

Uckfield trains go from London Bridge not Victoria. If you go from Victoria you'll have to change at either East Croydon or Oxted/Hurst Green.

However it doesn't really help you as there is a 17:08 which you won't make and then the next one is 18:08 which won't see you in to Uckfield until 19:20ish.

Ahhhh the joys of living in the sticks and having one train an hour!!

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Took me 3 hours to get to victoria this morning, although they managed to respond to the problem fairly quickly, bus system at Haywards Heath was a shambles.

But hey ho, fares are going to go up another 8% this year so its not all bad.

16% rise in two years is such a joke that im beyond anger, im actually embarrassed for them!

How does this country expect to come out of a credit crunch when people cant even afford to get to work?

rant over

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Took me 3 hours to get to victoria this morning, although they managed to respond to the problem fairly quickly, bus system at Haywards Heath was a shambles.

16% rise in two years is such a joke that im beyond anger, im actually embarrassed for them!

How does this country expect to come out of a credit crunch when people cant even afford to get to work?

rant over

literally has me fuming how much they can charge for a service that is so awful...........

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
If they're reporting bricks on the line, it rather suggests the whole tunnel will need properly surveying and repairing (with the necessary shoring up/scaffolding etc).

I'm no building expert but that doesn't sound like the sort of problem you can fix in a day or two. More like weeks???

The Balcombe tunnel is ancient isn't it?

Balcombe tunnel leaks like sieve. Has done for decades.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

rant over
I mentioned in my post earlier that some government bod has admitted that they raise the ticket prices to dampen rail demand; in other words they want people to stop using public transport. Then you get the ignorant, unthinking, blinkered fuckwits (or 'Greens' I think they're called) who like to see high petrol prices, congestion and reduced parking as it will apparently make people use public transport! Ordinary people are squeezed between the two.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Aren't they increasing fares year on year above inflation so that more of the costs fall on train users rather than the public as a whole?

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
So left bracknell, got as far as clapham. Now heading back to get the car. I have space.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Anyone driving down from the Clapham Junction area about 5.30?? My brother and I are getting panicky!! Help!

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton and Hove Bus number 29 should go from Uckfield to Falmer

Good luck getting back again - think the last bus is about 7.30 pm on that route - or there's a night service at about 1.30 am - at least there shouldn't be a queue.......

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
1723 from Clapham will get you to Brighton at 1915 and cab to Falmer

I wouldn't count on that - Southern website has now 'upgraded' the extension to journey times from 1 hour to 'at least 2 hours'.

There will be people in London who don't make this. I may be one of them. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here