Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trains. After the match. (Again)

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Tbf I thought the trains yesterday were worse BEFORE the game. Prob about a 50 min delay for me pre-match but afterwards wasn’t too bad - left Amex at 17 45, got to Gatwick about an hour later(I went via Brighton). The Cambridge train was very crowded but who cares after that win).

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
For once Southern did alright on the way home yesterday. Back in Brighton and no trains to Hassocks for a hour and a half, got on a train randomly destined for Finsbury Park which stopped at Burgess Hill and they decided to stop it at all stations. So many times when there’s issues you can stand at Hassocks station for an hour while 3 or 4 non stopping trains fly past.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tbf I thought the trains yesterday were worse BEFORE the game. Prob about a 50 min delay for me pre-match but afterwards wasn’t too bad - left Amex at 17 45, got to Gatwick about an hour later(I went via Brighton). The Cambridge train was very crowded but who cares after that win).
Did seem to be the case. Got me usual 13:14 from London Road to Falmer. Normally you get a coach more or less to yerself up the front of a very long train. Yesterday it was standing room only. What gives? ???

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Arrived Haywards Heath station about 13.20, no Brighton trains at all, went via Lewes but because so many did that was rammed, meant the train due at Lewes at 14.30 arrived 14.50. Just about made seat for kick off but missed GOSBTS (boo). Coming away was fine into Brighton then joined the hordes boarding the Cambridge train which was the only one going north for about half an hour at the time.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
For once Southern did alright on the way home yesterday. Back in Brighton and no trains to Hassocks for a hour and a half, got on a train randomly destined for Finsbury Park which stopped at Burgess Hill and they decided to stop it at all stations. So many times when there’s issues you can stand at Hassocks station for an hour while 3 or 4 non stopping trains fly past.
Brighton Thameslink drivers can’t go north of Finsbury Park so probably was a Cambridge driver out of place and couldn’t take it any further north so they’d turn it there.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
I go via Brighton on the way down but tend to go back via Lewes. Normally make the 17:25 out of Lewes to Victoria which isnt bad. Leave on final whistle but do get a wriggle on down to the platform

Couldn't make it yesterday, but quite glad as the trains down from London looked like a nightmare - was it even possible to get to Brighton? Seemed like everything was cancelled or terminated at Gatwick...
I got to Haywards Heath station at 11:45 unaware of the issues, jumped on the first train to Brighton which was the delayed 10:52 train (running 61 minutes late). Once on the train I looked it up and saw it had taken 50 minutes to get from Gatwick to Three Bridges!

After the match I left WSU after the final whistle but made my way to the train queue quicker than normal, and managed to get to Brighton in time to get the 17:34. But the following 1/2 trains after that were showing as cancelled.

Think I was very lucky, actually got to HH before 17:55 and was home by 18:20 – which is the earliest I've got home from a Saturday 3pm match ever I think!

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I go via Brighton on the way down but tend to go back via Lewes. Normally make the 17:25 out of Lewes to Victoria which isnt bad. Leave on final whistle but do get a wriggle on down to the platform
I've always done Lewes both ways until recently - Lewes down, Brighton back just seems quicker - can be a long wait at Lewes and always hit every stop.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Went via lewes as we normally do. Can't really blame the train operators for a signal failure. Was due to get the 11:43 from Wivelsfield but ended up getting the 11:13 at about 12:04. On the way back, had a couple of drinks on the concourse and pretty much walked onto a train for Brighton and then from Brighton a Thameslink back to Burgess Hill.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Willthe match April fools day be moved due to no trains?
Highly doubt it. The club will have to provide buses from Lewes and Brighton, as per previous strike day games that have gone ahead.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Brentford needs sorting - we have moved Palace and its reasonable that fans may expect the same with Brentford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here