Training Ground - Work Delayed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The newts aren't breeding they are in hibernation so can't safely be removed from the site. It's breaking the law to deliberately harm them.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Apparently, a SOURCE has informed me that their breeding plans can be interrupted by surgical intervention. If this course of action is swiftly undertaken, they will be permanently Newtered. :thumbsup:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The newts aren't breeding they are in hibernation so can't safely be removed from the site. It's breaking the law to deliberately harm them.

How much disturbance did they undergo whilst the tree huggers were digging around to find them eh?..... or did they mysteriously appear (from another location) .... aided by one of the helpful nay sayers in the protest group.... Makes you wonder.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Apparently they started work at 9:00 this morning. At 9:30 a bulldozer accidentally ran over the newt nest and squashed them all. "Ah well," said Barber (coz he was driving the bulldozer), "Time for the weather forecast as its half past nine and that's the end of the newts."

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
More likely because of the utter mess of 'drainage work' on the A27. This has been extended to March.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
How many newts do they put in those bombs ? i mean they must be highly explosive so its no wonder work has stopped .

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Exactly this.

We have the same problem on our site that because the work wasn't got on with earlier, the newts have now all gone to sleep and we're not allowed to disturb them! Have to wait until after the breeding season, as far as I can make out (though the environmentalist was saying "wait 'till next winter", which made no sense to me!).

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Exactly this.

We have the same problem on our site that because the work wasn't got on with earlier, the newts have now all gone to sleep and we're not allowed to disturb them! Have to wait until after the breeding season, as far as I can make out (though the environmentalist was saying "wait 'till next winter", which made no sense to me!).

Depends on the weather but its usually march but could be later dependent on when it starts getting warm. Notters would know for sure.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Depends on the weather but its usually march but could be later dependent on when it starts getting warm. Notters would know for sure.

Definitely Feb/March mating pattern. Pissed as a newt
Possibly to do with the Victorian professional mourners known as newts, who had to take a drink at each funeral to be polite.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Oh ok, so perhaps the story is true, just a little garbled... cider eh?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
well i can only think that after a few funerals they would start to walk like a newt , i cant say i have ever seen a newt walk in the flesh but heres a clip which may explain the newt theory

[yt]_xgrhD6hWXQ[/yt]
Looks pissed as newt:drink::lizard:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports