Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train to Yeovil

Yeoboy

Sep 12, 2008
Yeovil fan here -

Tried to post this last night but account would not activate.

For those who were thinking of going by train or will be in the future dont get off at Yeovil.

Get off at Sherborne ( last stop before Yeovil )

Its a small Abbey town, plenty of old traditional pubs all just minutes walk from the station.

Taxi rank is located outside the station ( Beaver Taxis 01935 816620 )

The ground is an 8 mile taxi ride from Sherborne but you will get there quicker than if you go to Yeovil Junction.

Yeoboy

Sep 12, 2008
No problem.

Forgot to mention the Private Girls School located in the town :yahoo:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Dorsetgull

Sep 13, 2008
Near Yeovil
never posted before but as I live near Sherborne I thought I should.The Yeovil fan is right.Sherborne has nice pubs and good food but the taxis are very few and far between.If it were me I would go to Yeovil by train and try from there but leave yourself plenty of time 'cos it's miles away and central Yeovil gets very busy.
Good luck and see you all there.

Last season there were no taxis at Yeovil Junction, so perhaps the advice to go to Sherbourne might be a good idea. At least you can wait in the boozer until your taxi arrives!

Yeoboy

Sep 12, 2008
Last season there were no taxis at Yeovil Junction, so perhaps the advice to go to Sherbourne might be a good idea. At least you can wait in the boozer until your taxi arrives!

My point exactly !

Why sit at an empty railway station when you can sit in a pub..

Phone & order the taxi before hand..

Oh & turn left out of the Sherborne station & head to the Digby Tap...2 minute walk & the oldest pub on the planet...great ales too !

Dorsetgull

Sep 13, 2008
Near Yeovil
I don't disgree Yeo,Sherborne is great and I know the Digby Tap,very good pub.I haven't had much luck with Sherborne Taxi's though and I never said sit at the station,there are loads of pubs in Yeovil within walking distance of the station where you could wait.If 50 people turn up in Sherborne 25 won't make kick off.It's my opinion take it or leave it

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Alternatively, you can drive there, and spend an HOUR waiting to get out of the car park after!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A thought just occured to me. Yeoboy, you're not the LANDLORD of the Digby Tap, are you?

Fair play if you are....

Yeoboy

Sep 12, 2008
A thought just occured to me. Yeoboy, you're not the LANDLORD of the Digby Tap, are you?

Fair play if you are....

Wish i bloody was !

Dorset gull i am only giving an option...like i said if the taxi is pre-booked it wont be a problem.

As for loads of pubs in walking distance from Yeovil Junction ? Yeah a 3 mile walk along a fast,dangerous lane with no pavements.

Im just helping out you Gulls fans thats all. I now what i would do.

Dorsetgull

Sep 13, 2008
Near Yeovil
"Im just helping out you Gulls fans thats all. I now what i would do."

Me too my friend,two opinions,let the travelling fans decide and let's hope for a good game.

Last edited:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
we had to get a 10 pound taki to a pub called the ARROW

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here