Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

train to the Amex

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Can someone help we have the season tickets for the Amex now need to plan how we intend getting there

think our best option is train someone told me they thought the club and southern rail were offering a deal if purchased for the whole season have looked on the Albion's inter web site but can not find anything

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
cost a fiver from lancing to falmer on the train,i knoww their is a coach running fom worthing via lancing (settyres),then royal coach shoreham,then onto falmer,also the empire running mimi bus to falmer fiver return(good if you want a few cheap drinkies(orangeboom 2 quid a pint)

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
thanks we are members of the empire so assuming you are we must know each other if only by sight next time I am in there I will wear a red rose and carry a copy of the times rolled up under my left arm, in fact it was someone in the empire who told us that they got train tickets cheaper as they had season tickets but they did not have any details as someone else got them for him, don't like the orangeboom but do like the Dark star they have had on recently

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't know how many will be coming out of Brighton on trains, nor how often they are going to run or even how many people you can get on a train. Getting to Falmer will be less problematic than getting back .. but if you got 10000+ walking across to Falmer after a game it could be a long, long wait!! Hope I'm wrong

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I don't know how many will be coming out of Brighton on trains, nor how often they are going to run or even how many people you can get on a train. Getting to Falmer will be less problematic than getting back .. but if you got 10000+ walking across to Falmer after a game it could be a long, long wait!! Hope I'm wrong

good point it could be mayhem and I will be with the wife sometimes its just I was thinking the bus was limiting my options I may want to go into Brighton before or after match for this reason the train was more flexible option if this also came at a discounted price I would be sorted

If the travel voucher scheme is confirmed as covering the same area as at Withdean and operates in the same way then you'll only need returns from Lancing to Shoreham. A £1 travel voucher each should then get you from Shoreham to Falmer and back.
However:
1) How the TV scheme will actually work needs to be confirmed, some of the "information" from the club to date has seemed confusing and contradictory.
2) The capacity of the Brighton-Lewes line is limited and whether it can cope with the pre/post match demand is problematic. If it were an option for me, I'd make other arrangements until/unless the club published the demand(survey)/capacity info that it has or I'd seen how well the trains operate in the first few months.

Last edited:

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
If the travel voucher scheme is confirmed as covering the same area as at Withdean and operates in the same way then you'll only need returns from Lancing to Shoreham. A £1 travel voucher each should then get you from Shoreham to Falmer and back.
However:
1) How the TV scheme will actually work needs to be confirmed, some of the "information" from the club to date has seemed confusing and contradictory.
2) The capacity of the Brighton-Lewes is limited and whether it can cope with the pre/post match demand is problematic. If it were an option for me, I'd make other arrangements until/unless the club published the demand(survey)/capacity info that it has or I'd seen how well the trains operate in the first few months.

Thank you its looking like I will be on the empire coach I guess if we intend going into Brighton before or after I will need to let them know

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Trains will be up to five an hour with room for circa 250 peopl on each train, i.e. Nearly half of the away fans per hour.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Trains will be up to five an hour with room for circa 250 peopl on each train, i.e. Nearly half of the away fans per hour.

oh my I forgot about the away fans the wife would have a fit if we got on the train with a load of ruffians, that's it bus it is, probably the mini bus from the empire as that's my local thanks All for your help

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
thanks we are members of the empire so assuming you are we must know each other if only by sight next time I am in there I will wear a red rose and carry a copy of the times rolled up under my left arm, in fact it was someone in the empire who told us that they got train tickets cheaper as they had season tickets but they did not have any details as someone else got them for him, don't like the orangeboom but do like the Dark star they have had on recently

who is running that? me and my daughter have season tickets, member of the club so will make enquiries. cheers for the heads up

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
MMM,wonder where all these bha fans in the empire are from,everytime i go in,its full of plastic mancs and plastic scousers

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
who is running that? me and my daughter have season tickets, member of the club so will make enquiries. cheers for the heads up

Don't know but if you find let me know please, I guess spaces will be limited as its a mini bus

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
MMM,wonder where all these bha fans in the empire are from,everytime i go in,its full of plastic mancs and plastic scousers

and Arsenal, Chealski and even Palace but I have to say they are all nice people just not as nice as us

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011

Is that how many will run per hour at the moment or how many are planned to run at match times?

I assume that's 250 sitting, not including standing?

100 coaches/buses is only 5000 people too! 3/4000 walking (I guess more may walk, or park within 2 or 3 miles and walk. 2000 parking at stadium (1901 club etc.) walkers from short while away), a few hundred cyclists, etc. still loads left :D

It's gonna take a while to get everyone there and back!! :D As I understand it, this is the big issue regarding planning permission to get the stadium capacity raised. We shall see....

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I moved to lancing from my beloved Brighton a couple of years ago with my wife and young kiddie winks, is the empire on penhil road? I have no friends and this sudden Albion hotspot interests me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here