Train queues heading east

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
How long after a game has finished does it take for the eastbound train queue to disappear. The only time I have hung around after the game I stayed for approx 40 minutes before heading for the station, I couldn't believe that the queue was actually bigger than when I normally leave.

I always leave after the final whistle so please don't suggest I leave early, once I do get on a train I then have a further 2 hours before I finally get home.

I want to do some shopping in the club shop and don't really want to carry the bags on a jam packed train.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Just don't rush, have a beer or two in the concourse, then do your shopping. Shouldn't be much (or if) of a queue.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
For a 3pm game I stay for a drink or two and catch the 5.50pm Seaford train - no queue

For a 7.45pm game I wander down to the station for the 10.30pm Lewes shuttle - no queue

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Whenever I've left after 40 minutes there's been no queue either way.

3318523796_52e8b23d2d.jpg

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
I'm either going to get to the club shop in the morning via car ( and then train back for the game) and try to get my usual train home or hang around after the game and do the shopping then. Being a non drinker it'll have to be a tea and maybe a pie if they are doing the chilli one.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How long after a game has finished does it take for the eastbound train queue to disappear. The only time I have hung around after the game I stayed for approx 40 minutes before heading for the station, I couldn't believe that the queue was actually bigger than when I normally leave.

I always leave after the final whistle so please don't suggest I leave early, once I do get on a train I then have a further 2 hours before I finally get home.

I want to do some shopping in the club shop and don't really want to carry the bags on a jam packed train.

After the M'boro game there were queues after 40mins however that was due to rail problems that day. I generally always stay after games & like Notters, never known a queue after 40mins or so.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
The queues are generally gone by 30 mins going that way. Don't mistake a queuing for being held back... sometimes you get to the station and the platform is empty with people being held back, who are then let onto the platform... what i'm trying to say is that you'll get on the next train coming in, but you might have to wait a few minutes before you can go wait on the platform!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports