Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train from Paddington

Jul 5, 2003
London
Is anyone else getting the 10:00am train from Paddington on Sunday Morning?

Does anyone know if this train goes through Bristol?

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just went to brighton station to buy my ticket and they refused to sell me one going via paddington - to avoid overcrowding.
I asked her if she would sell me a ticket if I was travelling on Sunday afternoon and she said she would if she believed that's when I would be travelling.

Should I
a) Go via Salisbury - an extra 40+ mins traveling time and limit my travelling options for the way back.
or
b) Buy my ticket from clapham (I live there) and tell them that I plan to travel on Sunday afternoon. I will be stuffed if I turn up at paddington and they don't let me on the train though.

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
Buy the route via Paddington from Clapham, aim to get the 1000hrs train, and if they refuse, take the next train / go the other route; Paddington ticket is valid via all routes, including Salisbury, as it's the most expensive.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Only 2 Kerry Mayos said:
Just went to brighton station to buy my ticket and they refused to sell me one going via paddington - to avoid overcrowding.
I asked her if she would sell me a ticket if I was travelling on Sunday afternoon and she said she would if she believed that's when I would be travelling.

Should I
a) Go via Salisbury - an extra 40+ mins traveling time and limit my travelling options for the way back.
or
b) Buy my ticket from clapham (I live there) and tell them that I plan to travel on Sunday afternoon. I will be stuffed if I turn up at paddington and they don't let me on the train though.

You could get the train from Clapham Junction to Reading and pick up the 10.00 Cardiff train there. There's nothing to stop you getting on the train at Reading as you have no barriers to go through - just walk from one platform to the next.

Indefatigable

Mar 23, 2004
If they are enforcing the rule about having a seat to travel on that train, they have Police at Reading as well. Not coming down withthe last shower of rain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here