Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train farce

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Westbound train went straight through Falmer station at 9.45.

Next one, at 10, was 3 carriages only. Utter carnage, with women and kids getting pushed. Brighton folk clearly not used to rammed trains.

Heard the one after was going to be 3 carriages too...

Could be a VERY late night for some.

Extra seats at the Amex? Hmmmm...

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Yep, my 3 young lads have to get home to near northampton tonight, and texted to say the first brighton bound train left flamer at 10.10pm and was only 3 coaches. What a fcuking shmbales.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
3PM KO's Seem to be sorted....Evening games mmmmm. Lets just say, Questionable!

LDN

Sep 22, 2011
London
The police got a fair amount of abuse from an old reading boy, he couldn't stop telling them they were shit, it's not their fault, Southern rail need to sort it out, that's happened at least 4 times before, I'm now late for my rub down... Again.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
One of the Eastbourne trains didn't stop at Lewes, just sailed straight through with no announcement. 30 minute wait at polegate to take us back to Lewes. FFS southern, sort it out!

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
The guy was saying that the driver left his itenary at Lewis or something, complete shambles, I should be getting to durrington now but I've only just left Brighton

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Still haven't left Brighton because of this f***ing shambles. Going to get home closer to 1am than midnight. God knows what the Reading fans are doing.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Paid £7 for a coach to my door, home and eating a curry. Perhaps not the right thread but check out seagulls travel, worth every penny!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I have to get to Pompey but missed the last train cause of this farce so am now on way to Chi then an EXTREMELY expensive taxi.

Never ever again. My seat will be empty for mid week fixtures from now on.

Sorry Gus, your Bus just doesn't run my way for mid-week games.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
One of the Eastbourne trains didn't stop at Lewes, just sailed straight through with no announcement. 30 minute wait at polegate to take us back to Lewes. FFS southern, sort it out!

30 mins in Polegate, I feel for you, must have seemed like much longer.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This was an act by Southern bordering on criminal negligence. As we walked down the ramp to the station we were stopped from getting on the train platform and from the top of the ramp it was clear a train was leaving half empty. The stewards then loaded up the whole length of the platform for an 8 car train due at 21.45. This sat just outside Falmer before going straight through without stopping. The next one in was 3 cars and there was a dangerous crush to get on it and, near me, a fight. All the time another crush was building up outside the platform as the queue got longer and longer and longer and longer.

So Southern. Care to explain...

- why the platform was loaded for an 8 car train if you knew it was due to go straight through?
- why the 21.45 went straight through if it was not meant to?
- why the train before left half empty?

Joke company. Hope they lose their franchise.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Paid £7 for a coach to my door, home and eating a curry. Perhaps not the right thread but check out seagulls travel, worth every penny!

I was on the fence about using them next season but after tonight I'm definitely gonna use them for all evenin games

D

Deleted User X18H

The guy was saying that the driver left his itenary at Lewis or something, complete shambles, I should be getting to durrington now but I've only just left Brighton

Collins? Caroll? Hamilton?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I saw that westbound train sail through Falmer & thought WTF?!

Yet again, on the 22.03 to Eastbourne, many people who wanted to get off at Lewes were taken on a bonus ride to Polegate. No announcement at Falmer advising passengers for Lewes to get in the front five carriages. Okay, some may say people should know by now. Not the point. No announcement on the train either. The icing on the cake was a westbound train closing its doors & leaving Polegate as those trapped on the train raced over the bridge.

Some people are going to have a late night or maybe getting home for breakfast.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Why the hell do they decide not to let people on the platform to wait for a train. It takes sooooo long to load a train single f***ing file.

The whole thing was a bloody shambles tonight. Luckily just caught the 22:33 from Brighton to Haywards Heath.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Longest queue I've ever been in for the train tonight, and by the time I got to the platform for one of the three carriage trains the rush to get on was ludicrous. I feel sorry for any little'uns who'd no doubt have been scared by the crush. Needs sorting out

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

It did stop, they just made YET ANOTHER cock-up by saying Lewes wasnt a short platform - this keeps happening and nothing changes. Reading fans didnt help them self as they gave the only Southern staff member on Polegate station quite a bit of abuse.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Westbound train went straight through Falmer station at 9.45.

Next one, at 10, was 3 carriages only. Utter carnage, with women and kids getting pushed. Brighton folk clearly not used to rammed trains.

Heard the one after was going to be 3 carriages too...

Could be a VERY late night for some.

Extra seats at the Amex? Hmmmm...

The one after was 8 coaches, even though the policeman said it as going to be 3 and moved everyone down the platform.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here