Toys out of the pram at Posh

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Amusing to read of the bust up between Barry Fry and Fergie Jnr at Peterborough, currently they are slagging each other off in the media but could be really entertaining if they ever go toe to toe. Posh could sell tickets for that.:catfight:

Fry claiming that Posh lost important players and new signings because last summer Fergie Jnr was too busy talking about the managers job at Forest (I think Forest dodged a bullet there). Fergie Jnr saying that he doesn't like working with Fry and can't understand why he is still at the Club.

Looks like a Club about to implode. I imagine that CMS could tell a few interesting inside stories courtesy of his father in law.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Wonder where the chairman stands on all of this

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's hard to warm to either of them really. Fry was a shit manager in his day and to me he represents a lot that is mediocre about English football, whereas Ferguson is a wife-beating dour old tosspot.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's hard to warm to either of them really. Fry was a shit manager in his day and to me he represents a lot that is mediocre about English football, whereas Ferguson is a wife-beating dour old tosspot.

And the chairman is a self-publicist with a massive ego. Great combination.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Agree with this although for comedy value Fry can be worth a watch.

Quite like Peterborough as a club though. Even at L1 level they got written off so what they have achieved on support not a million miles off withdean levels is fantastic. Again after their start this year they were going down with record low points but have still pulled a few results out the bag. I hope they stay up

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Don't know much about Ferguson but Barry Fry is a brilliant character - always hugely supportive of the Albion in the dark days. Once after Dick Knight had appointed a new manager Barry Fry appeared on TV saying how he really liked Brighton and always applied for the manager's job at Withdean but 'Dick Knight keeps blanking me'. It was all made up of course but it added greatly to the jollity of football life, as did the occasion when he walked up and down in front of the Albion fans at St Andrews pretending to weep after we'd come back from a 0-3 deficit. A good bloke who makes you laugh and there aren't enough people who do that in league football.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I think Barry Fry has added to the fun in the years he's been involved in the game. Ferguson is the polar opposite in personality terms so it's not that surprising they don't get along.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't know much about Ferguson but Barry Fry is a brilliant character - always hugely supportive of the Albion in the dark days. Once after Dick Knight had appointed a new manager Barry Fry appeared on TV saying how he really liked Brighton and always applied for the manager's job at Withdean but 'Dick Knight keeps blanking me'. It was all made up of course but it added greatly to the jollity of football life, as did the occasion when he walked up and down in front of the Albion fans at St Andrews pretending to weep after we'd come back from a 0-3 deficit. A good bloke who makes you laugh and there aren't enough people who do that in league football.

He's at Charlie's testimonial lunch on Friday.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I like Barry Fry. I don't like Fergie Jnr. Peterborough are shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports