Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Town and City Parking (TCP) Fine

Rastamouse84

Mar 30, 2012
Hello All

I popped to Asda at the Marina a couple of weeks ago, spent about £200 on shopping, then popped to the Harvester with the Mrs for a bite to eat.

Got a letter yesterday from a company called Town and City Parking (TCP) trying to get £70 out of me (reduced to £40 if paid within 10 days) for being parked at Asda for 3 hours 20 minutes.

I've looked them up online and found an awful lot of posts saying to ignore them. Apparently they cant take you to court or make you pay the fine.

Has anyone had a simlar experience with a simlar company? What did you do?

Cheers

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lol!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
8 pages

Hello All

I popped to Asda at the Marina a couple of weeks ago, spent about £200 on shopping, then popped to the Harvester with the Mrs for a bite to eat.

Got a letter yesterday from a company called Town and City Parking (TCP) trying to get £70 out of me (reduced to £40 if paid within 10 days) for being parked at Asda for 3 hours 20 minutes.

I've looked them up online and found an awful lot of posts saying to ignore them. Apparently they cant take you to court or make you pay the fine.Has anyone had a simlar experience with a simlar company? What did you do?

Cheers

hasn't happened to me but i'd run with your own answer

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Any minute now someone will come on here and point to a site called pepipoo or something.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hello All

I've looked them up online and found an awful lot of posts saying to ignore them. Apparently they cant take you to court or make you pay the fine.

Cheers

£200 in Asda o dear ...yur not one if the posh fans then

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Hello All

Cheers

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hello All

Cheers
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] 's LOLis because he sees a binfest coming !

Simply put, you should ignore TCP. TCP don't own the land nor have a lease so have no legal right to offer a contract to park. This makes their invoice unenforceable. You'll get a number of threatening letters suggesting they can take your children, the family dog and even shag your wife but all are hot wind and bluster and part of the scam.

Moneysavingexpert.com is the place to post if your worried but I've personally ignored two "invoices" from G24 ( another private parking scammer ). You will get idiots like [MENTION=4191]Programme Seller[/MENTION] that will say something along the lines of "you broke the rules so pay" but he's too stupid to understand the rules are illegal anyway !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They are based in Scotland and I had a similar experience at Hollingbury I just wrote and told them that I wasn't going to pay it and if they wanted the money they must take me to county court as their notices are only an invoice asking me to pay it. 8 weeks later got a letter back saying in the circumstances they are cancelling the ticket. They like all car park company s operating in supermarkets are hoping that you will just agree and pay without question. If you query it they will cancel the charge as they have no option other than take you to county court and then they will lose so wont bother. You can just ignore them but they will send you numerous letters of idle threats of what they will do and none that they can do.

Rastamouse84

Mar 30, 2012
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] 's LOLis because he sees a binfest coming !

Simply put, you should ignore TCP. TCP don't own the land nor have a lease so have no legal right to offer a contract to park. This makes their invoice unenforceable. You'll get a number of threatening letters suggesting they can take your children, the family dog and even shag your wife but all are hot wind and bluster and part of the scam.

Moneysavingexpert.com is the place to post if your worried but I've personally ignored two "invoices" from G24 ( another private parking scammer ). You will get idiots like [MENTION=4191]Programme Seller[/MENTION] that will say something along the lines of "you broke the rules so pay" but he's too stupid to understand the rules are illegal anyway !

Haha thanks - I was planning to ignore it anyway, just wanted to double check. They've only threatened to take my money so far, they can have the dog and the wife though :p

Rastamouse84

Mar 30, 2012
They are based in Scotland and I had a similar experience at Hollingbury I just wrote and told them that I wasn't going to pay it and if they wanted the money they must take me to county court as their notices are only an invoice asking me to pay it. 8 weeks later got a letter back saying in the circumstances they are cancelling the ticket. They like all car park company s operating in supermarkets are hoping that you will just agree and pay without question. If you query it they will cancel the charge as they have no option other than take you to county court and then they will lose so wont bother. You can just ignore them but they will send you numerous letters of idle threats of what they will do and none that they can do.

Thanks for the info :cheers:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
See my previous post. The people who operate these car park patrol are social chancers hoping people will pay out of ignorance and scared of any possible consequences who do not realize that they can do absolutely f...k all if you dont pay other than take you to County Court for non payment of an invoice which you deny and say it is wrong and they lose the case so they will not chance it and have to pay the costs.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Haha thanks - I was planning to ignore it anyway, just wanted to double check. They've only threatened to take my money so far, they can have the dog and the wife though :p

You're very welcome. Don't forget to tell your friends and family about the scam so we can get scum like TCP closed down.

You might want to email the Asda CEO and tell him what you think of Asda employing them as well - andy.clarke@asda.co.uk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here