Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tottingham Hotspur vs Brighton and Hove Albion

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Of course we'll sell out, we took 3500 to CHARLTON midweek when we were at Withdean for christ sake
Not as cut and dried as you think. This is north London, a very long walk from any kind of station meaning extra time could make it very tough to get back to Sussex at a sensible time, and maybe it will be on the telly box?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
One of my better AND scarier footie experiences was a cup game at White Hart Lane. Not an Albion game, though - I went to cheer on Wrexham in the hope they would beat them. Cracking game it was too, ended 3-3 as I recall. Made the mistake, though, of wearing my Wales scarf to the game since it was red and white, same as Wrexham, and was very relieved to escape the game alive, let alone the trip to and from the tube station.
Could you not have just taken the scarf off?

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Not as cut and dried as you think. This is north London, a very long walk from any kind of station meaning extra time could make it very tough to get back to Sussex at a sensible time, and maybe it will be on the telly box?

cars, coach etc....

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

But we all leave 10 mins before the end anyway, so there 'll be no problem.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Think a few people are getting carried away.
Who`s bothered about Spurs Reserves v Brighton Reserves?
No doubt we`ll sell our allocation but it`s not going to be a free for all.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
All those that wet themselves about it taking a whole 20 minutes to get out of the Amex had better take extra panties.

It's going to be a moist evening.

I was thinking something similar waiting on the platform at Brentford the other week, no trains in either direction, except the ones which didn't stop, for over half an hour after the football finished finally got to Clapham an hour after the final whistle - I can almost be home in Bexhill an hour after full time on a Saturday match at the Amex.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

What a game this promises to be, full reward for our excellent progress in this competition this season.

My mate at work who is a big Spurs fan reckons there won't be much interest from their supporters about playing a bottom half Championship side at home and we could get as many as 7,000 (seven thousand) tickets!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:ascarf:

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
People at work are suddenly interested FFS - go back to your Man Utd conversations with the post boy and the fact that one day you may even go to Old Trafford!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was thinking something similar waiting on the platform at Brentford the other week, no trains in either direction, except the ones which didn't stop, for over half an hour after the football finished finally got to Clapham an hour after the final whistle - I can almost be home in Bexhill an hour after full time on a Saturday match at the Amex.

This in spades. We're bloody lucky.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Could they please kick off at 2.30 so that I can get home for my cocoa and bedtime ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Alan Brazil on Talksport this morning keeps referring to 'Tottenham's easy draw' and 'delighted Tottenham' etc...........and he and his co-presenters have written us off, basically.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
We did. We drew Liverpool in this cup but were already playing the Friday night vs Leeds on Sky. Liverpool had played on the Sunday, ironically against Spurs, and wouldn't play us on the Tuesday, so we played Wednesday & Friday. If I recall, we were playing Friday night due to Uni open day or something similar so that couldn't move. But there is no reason to play Bournemouth Friday night other than Sky but it won't get moved & Spurs will get their way.

You realise the clubs have no say in the fixtures, it's sky and the fa that have the say in it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What have Sky got to do with an untelevised game and the FA to do with a Football League competition?

Is it un televised, they haven't announced games yet.

Sorry, the football league and sky...Point remains the clubs have no say.

But carry on moaning

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Bad news if your going to be using the trains coming home for this game, the 00.05 Victoria to Worthing/Eastbourne wont run past Haywards Heath with buses to Brighton and Lewes to connect with onwards trains.

The 01.00 to Brighton wont run past Three Bridges either with an onwards bus to Brighton. Still, would all be worth it if we somehow won !!

Correction - NO services between Haywards Heath and Brighton/Lewes/Hove after 11PM that week.

Unbelieveable!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here