Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I'd rather have a bad game in the cup than in the League.
Silly was frustrating last night and so one footed it was embarrassing.
Once Tariq went off we looked very lopsided.
Moses done well when he appeared and it was his run that set up the goal for Biss.

We did Sutton v Bristol Rovers in the afternoon and it was then you realise how bad we were back in the day compared to last night.

On the bright side though [emoji116][emoji116][emoji116][emoji116][emoji116][emoji116][emoji116][emoji116][emoji116][emoji116][emoji116][emoji116]
99f78f7e6e20f8d6a7abc478e1bfa30a.jpg

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The outrage and lack of love for Maupay was excruciating post match, he is the striker that rescued 3 points with late goals this season

But it’s the ones you miss as well unfortunately. In the same way Sanchez, Webster, Dunk and others are normally reliable they were shocking and every goal was an error.

Must admit, I didn’t hear anything, and he wasn’t terrible compared to the majority - but that was a poor finish.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
To many players enjoyed their breaks in Dubai etc and struggled to get back into it. Rather have that kind of performance in the cup, no doubt some extra training / analysis sessions this week to get them up for the league next week.

Was a bit of a Conte masterclass in terms of targeting our weaknesses, all of which our own making

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Felt he looked totally lost for their third and shouldn’t have been on his feet.

Appreciate it’s a mistake but has been happening more frequently, hopefully a blip

Yes, I felt he should have smothered that ball, even if it was at Webster's feet. These things happen quickly.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
We just need to acknowledge that March is not wholly up to this level, he huffs and puffs a bit from time to time, stands in when needs must, but is in reality a negative influence on our attacking ambitions.... as someone here says, others are looking for the opportunity, they will get them, and it won't take much of an uplift from March's contributions, for a more effective replacement to be inserted longer term.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think Solly is very good on his day and then below average when it's not. He can be pretty inconsistent so I'm not sure which will come out. But he's a great squad player.

I'm not sure how he didn't hear me scream 'cross the fecking ball' (from my sofa in Shoreham) after going past his man again, but cutting back in on his right. His og was a total fluke tho.

But was not just him. Webster had a howler gifting them 2 goals and Sanchez just booting it up field and giving possession away didn't help.

But lots of positives too. Yes we were out classed in the end by money bags Spurs, but a bad day at the office doesn't mean the whole year's work is fecked.

Onwards and upwards :albion2:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
That's what was frustrating us, his constant ability to get past his man and then check back unnecessarily to lose the space he'd created and then not be able to whip a ball into the box. If he pinged more into the box after beating his man we would stand a far greater chance of scoring goals. He was better second half but didn't deserve to come back out after the break.

I maintain he is Championship level.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I don't think one player had a howler. Not Maupay, not Webster, not March.

But we lost because of individual mistakes at the back, and missed chances up front.

It's just that when Maupay makes a mistake, it's more visible and memorable. The same applies with Sanchez or the back line, who may make only one mistake, but everyone remembers it.

Midfielders can make several mistakes within a game, with misplaced passes, losing the ball in a tackle, failing to win an aerial challenge etc.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just an uncharacteristic sloppy display all round and when you are facing the likes of Kane and Son you are going to get punished. No need to single out individuals, it was a collective disappointment last night, one I hope we can learn from for next week. It was a fair result.

I did however enjoy the opening spell of the second half leading up to the goal, we did show what we can do in that period. The third goal killed the game though. We move on to the next one.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To many players enjoyed their breaks in Dubai etc and struggled to get back into it. Rather have that kind of performance in the cup, no doubt some extra training / analysis sessions this week to get them up for the league next week.

Was a bit of a Conte masterclass in terms of targeting our weaknesses, all of which our own making

This. Spot on IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Disappointing, very disappointing, to be out of the Cup again.

Oh well, there is always next season I suppose.

On to Watford. A nice win will cheer me up.

:albion2:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just an uncharacteristic sloppy display all round and when you are facing the likes of Kane and Son you are going to get punished. No need to single out individuals, it was a collective disappointment last night, one I hope we can learn from for next week. It was a fair result.

I did however enjoy the opening spell of the second half leading up to the goal, we did show what we can do in that period. The third goal killed the game though. We move on to the next one.

Not enough ranting 2/10

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Watched it with my Spurs mate on telly. We both agreed it was a sort of a 'non game' really. We never looked like putting them in trouble.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I maintain he is Championship level.

Yeah!
Very much top end championship level though.
Also known as lower Premier league level.

The term gets bandied around as if there is some enormous gulf in class between the two divisions.
There really isn't.

Most Premier League squad players can easily be described as Championship level, if you want to.
How many "Premier League level" players do Palace have for example?

The idea that a Brighton Squad should only consist of players that are too good for the Championship is ludicrous and entitled.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't think one player had a howler. Not Maupay, not Webster, not March.

But we lost because of individual mistakes at the back, and missed chances up front.

It's just that when Maupay makes a mistake, it's more visible and memorable. The same applies with Sanchez or the back line, who may make only one mistake, but everyone remembers it.

Midfielders can make several mistakes within a game, with misplaced passes, losing the ball in a tackle, failing to win an aerial challenge etc.

One goal kick from them went straight to Gross who had loads of time and five yards of space all round. He still managed to misjudge it and header it up and back. It didn’t cost us so I’ve not seen it mentioned.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Watched it with my Spurs mate on telly. We both agreed it was a sort of a 'non game' really. We never looked like putting them in trouble.

When you go 2-0 down to a deflected goal, and a defender tripping over gifting them an attack at our goal it deflates the whole thing. Over before it got started.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not nearly as much
Yesterday’s miss or attempt was embarrassing

but then look at the two goals against palace and WHUFC it shows that when you try something different and score you are superhero. he tried to chip and it went wrong...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yeah!
Very much top end championship level though.
Also known as lower Premier league level.

The term gets bandied around as if there is some enormous gulf in class between the two divisions.
There really isn't.

Most Premier League squad players can easily be described as Championship level, if you want to.
How many "Premier League level" players do Palace have for example?

The idea that a Brighton Squad should only consist of players that are too good for the Championship is ludicrous and entitled.
If you are correct in your theory then explain why Ivan Toney, Mitrovic and all the big scorers in the championship struggle in the PL. It’s a totally different beast IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here