Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Brighton and Hove Albion **** Official Match Thread ****

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Squad selection almost picks itself as we will struggle to get a fit team out there:

Stockdale
Bruno Dunk Greer Bennett
Holla Forster-Caskey
Ince
Colunga LuaLua
O'Grady

subs; Ankergen, Hughes, Calderón, Gardner, Teixeira. McCourt, Reserve​

that is a completely underwhelming starting line -up.....we are gonna get spanked...!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
As Basil Fawlty might have said 'what squad were you expecting 12 angry men?'

Basil Fawlty would have said " what were you expecting..? the hanging gardens of babylon...herds of wildebeest..??" ???

fact of the matter is that we do ,traditionally , win the games we really aren't supposed to , i just can't see that happening tonight.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Basil Fawlty would have said " what were you expecting..? the hanging gardens of babylon...herds of wildebeest..??" ???

fact of the matter is that we do ,traditionally , win the games we really aren't supposed to , i just can't see that happening tonight.
Fact of the matter is, that is the available squad but I'll try and call the game called off if you think it's not worthwhile playing.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
that is a completely underwhelming starting line -up.....we are gonna get spanked...!!

Spurs don't look any great stakes. They will not be able to help being complacent and underwhelmed by the opposition though.

It will be on the opposite foot for them. They will need to speed up their control and distribution in midfield. We will have to avoid losing possession.

Not a great draw for us, I thought. Mainly for the fans cause the trains are all up the shute.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
10%

For the 10% that reckon we will in 90 minutes:

The draw numbers for the Capital One Cup Quarter-Final draw

The Quarter-Final draw of the Capital One Cup will take place tonight live on Sky Sports immediately after the conclusion of the Manchester City versus Newcastle United match.

Draw numbers

1 AFC Bournemouth
2 Chelsea
3 Derby County
4 Liverpool
5 Sheffield United
6 Manchester City / Newcastle United
7 Stoke City / Southampton
8 Tottenham Hotspur / Brighton & Hove Albion

All ties to be played during the week commencing 15th December 2014.

Read more at http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/news/article/20141029qfdrawdetailsrp-2048343.aspx#x38A9JcvD8FOZLT8.99

Not any great draws if by chance we get lucky. Anyone at home. Not that our home record is anything to worry the opposition.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wild geese?

That's a starting point. I don't think it will be that far off in defence and midfield if Spurs play a full team with say three fringe players? I think I'd sooner Spurs not play Capoue & Dembélé.

Attack is a wild guess. No idea. Team contains width which means underestimating (or looking realistically) at the opposition.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Our manager is better than theirs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have always gone into games especially,ones like tonight thinking that we could spring a surprise. The biggest surprise for me tonight would be if we don't get beaten by more than 4 :down:

I have ZERO faith in our manager and do not believe the players are capable of making the hare brained system Sami is persevering with work.

Please let me have egg on my face at 10 pm tonight.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Michel Vorm is a big believer in home advantage as we get set to welcome Brighton & Hove Albion to White Hart Lane in the Capital One Cup tonight.

The Dutch goalkeeper made his Spurs debut in our third round victory over Nottingham Forest last month, as we came back from 1-0 down to win 3-1 in front of our own fans.

With Swansea City when they won the competition in 2013, the 31-year-old would love nothing more than to help us regain the trophy we last won in 2008 – and is relishing another tie on familiar soil.

“We saw against Forest that it is not easy but it is an advantage to play at home, especially against teams from outside the Premier League,” he said.

“There are some tough opponents in the cup but if you are at home you have a chance to win these games.

Brighton are a good side but at home, we will hope to win, especially with the fans behind us.”

We do play at the AMEX, right ? :glare: I hate these platitudes.

Then again, he wouldn't say that it was going to be a breeze.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here