Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tottenham combatting fan group trying to improve atmosphere

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Staggers (but shouldn't) me that clubs such as Spurs wish to maintain this idea of football as sanitised day out more like a visit to the cinema than a vibrant & passionate sporting experience. I find it very sad that some administrators don't recognise the importance of that side of the game to a alot of people.

It's the football experience designed by people who don't like football!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Still no mention about most away supporters standing standing for the entirety of the game. And I think away supporters stand the whole time at White Hart Lane with no interfernce from the stewards!

Seems to me the away supporters can make an atmosphere, but the home supporters are actively discouraged from doing the same thing!! ???

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Perhaps you missed this reference at the end of the piece?

In so far as persistent standing is concerned those clubs whose supporters stand wherever they go have continued to stand at the new ground but on the whole those spectators that stand at some grounds but not others have generally tended to sit.

Still no mention about most away supporters standing standing for the entirety of the game. And I think away supporters stand the whole time at White Hart Lane with no interfernce from the stewards!

Seems to me the away supporters can make an atmosphere, but the home supporters are actively discouraged from doing the same thing!! ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here