Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Totally OT - Wordpress help

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I know this is a long shot but seeing as plenty of you use wordpress for blogs I wondered if anyone had been able to do what I am trying to do.

Inside a wordpress post or page I want to have links which when I click on them will pop up a window within the window (javascipt I would imagine) containing the contents of another post or page.

Has anyone come across and easy ish way of doing this? I have been searching and nothing quite manages to do what I want.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Create a hyperlink with target of '_blank'

Last edited:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Thanks but what I actually want it for is to pop up in a window within the current website.

For example similar to how a photo gallery works but with another wordpress page as the contents. _blank just takes me to a completely different page.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Ok, I suggest you look up iframes if you want a web page within a webpage.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Yes kind of except i want to click the link and the content displayed in the pop up until I click close or an "x" or something. Basically I am building a new site for my sons football team and I want the match reports to pop up from text links on the fixtures page so it can be read and close down to return to the fixtures list.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes kind of except i want to click the link and the content displayed in the pop up until I click close or an "x" or something. Basically I am building a new site for my sons football team and I want the match reports to pop up from text links on the fixtures page so it can be read and close down to return to the fixtures list.

There will be a plugin, probably several, that do what you want.

How about this?

WordPress WordPress Plugins

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Oooh that looks perfect actually. Exactly what I had in mind, cheers.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Got it!

I think i now know what you are wanting. I have something similar on my website at Seagulls TV - 1982/83

When you click on a video link in the fixtures, a popup that could contain text or images or a video appears.

Like that?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Did you get the plugin you were after? I'd love to see your website. What's the address?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I installed the one Bozza pointed me to but I was out las tnight so not had time to implement it yet. Site is far from finished so will wait until I have somethign half decent before sharing with the world :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here