Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory party annual conference Birmingham

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree with the choice of Abba for walk-on music, although S.O.S. would have been more appropriate.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I can't believe how many people on here, some who have displayed traces of intelligence previously, are making a thing of this.

It was nothing more than self-deprecating humour. She was taking the piss out of herself.

Not the time to be pissing about like that I’m afraid.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can't believe how many people on here, some who have displayed traces of intelligence previously, are making a thing of this.

It was nothing more than self-deprecating humour. She was taking the piss out of herself.

Agreed. As I said earlier those that self deprecate tend to be honest and trustworthy people. I’d rather have that over brash and falsely over confident.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

It was nothing more than self-deprecating humour.
She was taking the piss out of herself.

No she wasn't, one of her trusted public relations managers was.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Agreed. As I said earlier those that self deprecate tend to be honest and trustworthy people. I’d rather have that over brash and falsely over confident.

Which is exactly what her media coach would have said. “Don’t worry enough mugs will buy it”

Yes, I think the nation see’s May as honest and trustworthy. :wozza:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Has someone pissed on your chips today Bozza? I thought you were a sort of centrist Lib Dem type (as I am) but you seem to be intent on defending the indefensible on this one.

Theresa May is a useless excuse for a politician and a total embarrassment as PM. And that's ignoring the dancing which is cringe inducing but irrelevant.

You've said people should take an objective view. My objective view was to give her a chance when she became PM. See what she did, see what she said. I've based my opinion on that. I hoped she'd do good things as she was a better option than Boris, Gove or that insane woman. She's failed on every level.

Cameron will go down as the self serving prick who gambled the country's future to try to save his own skin. May will be remembered even less favourably, and I thought that was impossible. At the time when we needed a serious leader we got a pathetic political robot who has no clue about anything.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

:ffsparr:

Of course she was, I should have appreciated that! Oh well fair play to her on that basis.

Edit: still not sure it was a good idea either way. :shrug:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Well, judging by the derision from Labour supporters re Mrs. May and the Conservative Party Conference, no doubt Jezza will be seen by the great British people as a more suitable prospect than Theresa as PM of this country.
Let's face it, if she is as useless as the Corbynites say she is, Jezza has got nothing to beat, has he?
I wonder.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Well, judging by the derision from Labour supporters re Mrs. May and the Conservative Party Conference, no doubt Jezza will be seen by the great British people as a more suitable prospect than Theresa as PM of this country.
Let's face it, if she is as useless as the Corbynites say she is, Jezza has got nothing to beat, has he?
I wonder.

I can agree with most of this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
She’s the Prime Minister of the country. She’s leading us down the darkest path we have seen for decades.

She's been sent down the path by the great British public. Pretty much every fork off the path is covered in dog shit.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
She's been sent down the path by the great British public. Pretty much every fork off the path is covered in dog shit.

Thanks to David Cameron.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Has someone pissed on your chips today Bozza? I thought you were a sort of centrist Lib Dem type (as I am) but you seem to be intent on defending the indefensible on this one.

Theresa May is a useless excuse for a politician and a total embarrassment as PM. And that's ignoring the dancing which is cringe inducing but irrelevant.

You've said people should take an objective view. My objective view was to give her a chance when she became PM. See what she did, see what she said. I've based my opinion on that. I hoped she'd do good things as she was a better option than Boris, Gove or that insane woman. She's failed on every level.

Cameron will go down as the self serving prick who gambled the country's future to try to save his own skin. May will be remembered even less favourably, and I thought that was impossible. At the time when we needed a serious leader we got a pathetic political robot who has no clue about anything.

I have no idea what you think you think you've read but I've not defended May, her record as PM nor the Tories at all. That I'm able to call out those so blinded by their hatred for the Tory Party does not mean I am defending that party. It would be the same as me calling you out for an anti-Palace comment, as I know you're not starting from a position anywhere close to being impartial.

I can't remember my exact words on her speech today but I imagine it was something like "decent enough", and it was. But she's got a pretty low bar to clear on that front as she's not a great orator all, as everyone is aware, paired with limitations of her social skillset.

I'm also able to recognise someone taking the piss out of themselves, even if it's someone I have little time for.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Do you shirk stuff just because you think it's difficult?

I've never shirked a job because it's difficult. But I have turned jobs down because they were impossible.

It was never difficult, it was always impossible and anybody with half a brain cell could see it.

Now, will the EU let us cherry-pick what we want from them. (They say no, but they probably will with the right negotiating team :facepalm:)

Well maybe we could threaten them with 'no deal' then (Everyone knows that's a non-starter, but we'll give it a go anyway :facepalm:)

As plans go for a major national economy, I've seen better

She simply let ambition overrule common sense

And before I get accused of being a Tory hater, here is what I posted before the 1st round of negotiations got underway

I love the arguments on here about the in-fighting in the Tory party, what Jeremy Corbyn would do if he got in etc etc.The situation we are currently in cannot be rescued by Theresa May, Amber Rudd, Jeremy Corbyn, Boris Johnson, Tony Blair coming back from retirement or Maggie Thatcher coming back from beyond.

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
But she knew that when she went for the job :shrug:
ect

all credit to her. Yes, she knew the difficult/impossible task ahead but in the circumstances she believed she and her cabinet were best placed to take it on. Perhaps her biggest mistake was to expect the trust and respect of those she appointed to help her and the country.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Maybe if she hadn’t slashed local funding the council could afford to clean up the dog shit? You reap what you sow.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
ect

all credit to her. Yes, she knew the difficult/impossible task ahead but in the circumstances she believed she and her cabinet were best placed to take it on. Perhaps her biggest mistake was to expect the trust and respect of those she appointed to help her and the country.

So what trust, respect and backing exactly would have got the EU to renege on their founding principles of the EU ?

And that was before she painted herself into a corner with a second election, jumping into bed with the DUP and announcing all her red lines

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here