Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The government has formally triggered a crisis measure to ease prison overcrowding by using police cells to house inmates.

The confirmation of Operation Safeguard by the Ministry of Justice follows a decision to consider releasing some prisoners 70 days before their sentences were due to end.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did nobody notice when 30p went to reform?
Who is 30P?

(I guess the answer is....er...no :lolol: )

(I don't follow the comings and goings in cat litter Ask my cat)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
30p Lee (Anderson).
I seem to recall....was he the absolute melt that claimed he could start an internet wank business for 30 P and still get a taxi home to his mum? Or something.

f***ing arse wipes the lot of them, Tory MPs of the current intake.

Dead to me.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I seem to recall....was he the absolute melt that claimed he could start an internet wank business for 30 P and still get a taxi home to his mum? Or something.

f***ing arse wipes the lot of them, Tory MPs of the current intake.

Dead to me.
No, he was the token working class northerner in the cabinet who paid his mate 30p to act as a 'random stranger' when he went knocking on doors beefier the election.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, he was the token working class northerner in the cabinet who paid his mate 30p to act as a 'random stranger' when he went knocking on doors beefier the election.
He didn’t pay his mate but did set him up, forgetting he was still miked up.

The 30p label came from him telling working class people they could cook a nutritious meal for 30p. The fact that he was in an industrial kitchen with chefs batch cooking, was beside the point.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He didn’t pay his mate but did set him up, forgetting he was still miked up.

The 30p label came from him telling working class people they could cook a nutritious meal for 30p. The fact that he was in an industrial kitchen with chefs batch cooking, was beside the point.
I know. I was taking the piss because I thought @Harry Wilson's tackle was too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
rishi.jpg

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
One of our local MPs being a dishonest conspiracy theorist

This stuff amazes me:

The “15-minute city” is an urban planning concept that focuses on placing local amenities within about a 15-minute walk of people’s homes. It is designed to make urban areas more pleasant places to live. A conspiracy theory has grown up around it that claims it is actually an attempt to restrict people’s freedoms – locking them into areas around their homes and preventing them travelling freely beyond.

With absolutely zero due respect to the people who buy into this nonsense - how? How on earth do you think this is a) plausible and / or b) enforceable?

Oh sure, we don't have enough police officers to respond to crimes in timely fashion but somehow they're going to be, what?, stationed at a 15 minute border to stop people from leaving?

It's f***ing mind-boggling to me that people believe this bollocks.

/endrant.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
This stuff amazes me:

The “15-minute city” is an urban planning concept that focuses on placing local amenities within about a 15-minute walk of people’s homes. It is designed to make urban areas more pleasant places to live. A conspiracy theory has grown up around it that claims it is actually an attempt to restrict people’s freedoms – locking them into areas around their homes and preventing them travelling freely beyond.

With absolutely zero due respect to the people who buy into this nonsense - how? How on earth do you think this is a) plausible and / or b) enforceable?

Oh sure, we don't have enough police officers to respond to crimes in timely fashion but somehow they're going to be, what?, stationed at a 15 minute border to stop people from leaving?

/endrant.
And further down that article:

The Conservative party declined to answer when asked if it accepted that Caulfield’s claim the local council planned to charge motorists was incorrect, or if it recognised the distinction between the 15-minute city idea and the conspiracy theory. A spokesperson said: “This is nothing more than a pathetic attempt from the Liberal Democrats to distract from their war on motorists.”

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
This stuff amazes me:

/endrant.

This morning I shuffled along to the chemist, taken a jacket in for dry cleaning, gone for a nice coffee, popped in the library and picked up some milk and vegetables. Might pop to my local for a pint later on.

It's a dystopian nightmare.

Edit ... and had a couple of friendly chats with people from the neighbourhood while out and about. I feel like I'm living in a Kafka novel.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

The Conservative party declined to answer when asked if it accepted that Caulfield’s claim the local council planned to charge motorists was incorrect, or if it recognised the distinction between the 15-minute city idea and the conspiracy theory. A spokesperson said: “This is nothing more than a pathetic attempt from the Liberal Democrats to distract from their war on motorists.”
I'm happy to see this.

It's the ludicrous detachment from reality which is driving people further away from them.

Tories trying to chase the conspiracy theory vote is always fine with me

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Daisy Cooper, the deputy leader of the Liberal Democrats, one of the main parties on the council in question, said: “Maria Caulfield should apologise to local people and report her leaflet to the ministerial ethics adviser. That would be the honest and decent thing to do.
She called the leaflets “dishonest”, adding: “After years of Conservative sleaze and scandal, the public desperately wants a return to integrity in politics, yet Maria Caulfield is spreading baseless claims. [She] is deliberately misleading the public to try to save her own job. This is a new low for the Conservative party.”
This Daisy Cooper seems a bit dim...

First, she expects a Tory to do the honest and decent thing and then she claims that this is a new low for the Conservatives. Has she not been paying attention?

As for Caulfield, this is just a Hail Mary attempt as she knows she's 99.9% certain to lose her seat (good riddance)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This stuff amazes me:

/endrant.
Not to me it isn't - some people are just facking thick!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
This stuff amazes me:

/endrant.
Do people really belive it, or do they just like to think it's a thing?

I am sure some oddballs are convinved about this (as part of the wider WEF conspiracy), but suspect most just go along with it as it satisifies some underlying uneasiness.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sunak's latest reset attempt can be summed up succinctly: be afraid, be very afraid, so afraid that you'll have to do the unthinkable and vote for my lot.

How many more resets is he going to attempt ahead of the election?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Do people really belive it, or do they just like to think it's a thing?

I am sure some oddballs are convinved about this (as part of the wider WEF conspiracy), but suspect most just go along with it as it satisifies some underlying uneasiness.

Whenever stuff like this comes up I do my level best to try and understand the viewpoint because I can identify with believing something which has no basis in truth.

Case in point - I believe in the supernatural for which we have absolutely no evidence. But I know the real reason behind that belief is because I'm scared of death and believing in an afterlife of some sort is a way to ease that fear. It's a security blanket :shrug:

So I get it, I get the illogical belief in something but there's got to be something deeper in their psyche driving that belief.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here