Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Latest YouGov election voting intentions has Conservative on 18%.
This would leave them with 32 seats (when you plug the numbers into Electora Calculus), and the LibDems would become the official opposition with 59 MP's.

My constituency (Maldon) would, of course, remain Conservative.

Mad that in that scenario a group of about 100 Labour MPs could split off and become the opposition by some margin while still not making that big a dent in Starmer's majority

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Fossil fuel companies will be allowed to explore for oil and gas under offshore wind-power sites for the first time, the government will announce on Friday, in a move which campaigners say is further proof that ministers are abandoning the climate agenda.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yeah but I wouldn't put it past the useless fat kunnt to have done it deliberately for attention.
That's pretty much what I posted somewhere, although slightly less offensive :lolol:. And, judging by the amount of times I've seen it referenced on here alone, he's played a blinder.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Amazes me that if I walk down an average street, 1 in 5 people I see still think the nasties are worth a vote ...

Get your point and agree entirely with the sentiment, but other people are allowed to and do have different views. No doubt at least this % of NSC users will vote Tory at the GE. This is the danger of echo chambers and this thread is a pretty big one where everyone is competing to be more anti Tory than the next and no one would dare/bother to express an alternative view!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well in this instance seeing he was turned away (according to the article ) it seems they do.
Anyone else think this was a publicity stunt? After all, loveable Boris has never shirked away from acting the fool before.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mad that in that scenario a group of about 100 Labour MPs could split off and become the opposition by some margin while still not making that big a dent in Starmer's majority
A majority that big isn’t healthy………sitting government need to be kept honest, unfortunately the Tories don’t know the meaning of the word anyway :down:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone else think this was a publicity stunt? After all, loveable Boris has never shirked away from acting the fool before.
Nope.

I believe he really is that much of a moron. Where do people get this idea that he did it on purpose? The man is a fat useless populist cretin who arrogantly behaves like the rules don't apply to him.

He brought in a law that curtails civil liberties and fixes an issue that didn't exist, purely to restrict the Labour vote. Is it any surprise that the idiot turns up to vote and thought "Oh I forgot my ID. Nevermind, they know who I am"?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Why on Earth would he want guaranteed media exposure at a time that many Tories will be thinking about a change of leader?
Hmmmm...

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Get your point and agree entirely with the sentiment, but other people are allowed to and do have different views. No doubt at least this % of NSC users will vote Tory at the GE. This is the danger of echo chambers and this thread is a pretty big one where everyone is competing to be more anti Tory than the next and no one would dare/bother to express an alternative view!
Absolutely - To be honest, it was just a post of what was in my head, (like most of mine!), it wasn't a judgement on anyone, just an observation.

Reactions: abc

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nope.

I believe he really is that much of a moron. Where do people get this idea that he did it on purpose? The man is a fat useless populist cretin who arrogantly behaves like the rules don't apply to him.

He brought in a law that curtails civil liberties and fixes an issue that didn't exist, purely to restrict the Labour vote. Is it any surprise that the idiot turns up to vote and thought "Oh I forgot my ID. Nevermind, they know who I am"?
Again and again he thinks normal rules don't apply to him.

The positive from this is he has help publicise to bring Voter ID. We're stuck with it for now, still incredible the legislation was allowed to pass in its current form

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The Tories went into the local elections with 21 of the seats on the council, and Labour holding the other 12. All seats were up for election. The Tories now have 17 seats, and Labour 16.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here